The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air Filter for Grenadier, modifications.

Desertfox

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Grenadiers,

As an Off-roader for several years and fond of enhancing the performance of a vehicle by simple modifications, (successfully), I will be thankful if someone can share what type of air filter the Petrol engine grenadier has as standard (As I have not received my Grenadier yet, another weeks wait ), What i am looking into as a start, is changing the air filter with one with a better flow rate (if required), Milltek exhaust system for a better flow rate. Will be changing the wheels for a better look and performance (Bead locker). As I am in the auto accessories/performance products trade i have access to many brands for several products. Happy to help anyone if required.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
The air filter is a standard BMW paper filter. I am a fan of paper filters and I won’t be changing mine to anything else, I may modify the airbox to make it easier to open it an change the filter and I may at some point look into replacing the raised air intake with a sealed system.

To my mind most filter replacements like oiled foam do a worse job of filtering and in the environments I go into thats a bad idea, just change the paper filter often.

Also changing a filter alone generally does zero for performance. If you change intake ajd exhaust and tune then yes. But firstly to my mind this car goes as well as anything this size reasonably should and you will like make it’s offroad performance worse, and secondly you just throw your warranty away

Last edited:

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
Can confirm that oil filters let a lot more through. Only way to get better performance is increased surface area. I think an engine tune is the easiest way to go.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Grenadiers,

As an Off-roader for several years and fond of enhancing the performance of a vehicle by simple modifications, (successfully), I will be thankful if someone can share what type of air filter the Petrol engine grenadier has as standard (As I have not received my Grenadier yet, another weeks wait ), What i am looking into as a start, is changing the air filter with one with a better flow rate (if required), Milltek exhaust system for a better flow rate. Will be changing the wheels for a better look and performance (Bead locker). As I am in the auto accessories/performance products trade i have access to many brands for several products. Happy to help anyone if required.
If you are using your cars for the ‘mad’ dune screaming evenings out your way, and cost and longevity of the car are no object….

then Id start with chipping the engine up to bmw sport specs. Or maybe toyota supra spec. Theres a lot more power to be had, at significant loss of ineos’ years of tuning with magna steyr, just by doing that, and without worrying about filters.

personally I would never do that, but the middle east dune screaming scene is kind of unique. But the grenadier’s weight is never going to be able to compete with some of the other things you could work on….

Desertfox

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
If you are using your cars for the ‘mad’ dune screaming evenings out your way, and cost and longevity of the car are no object….

then Id start with chipping the engine up to bmw sport specs. Or maybe toyota supra spec. Theres a lot more power to be had, at significant loss of ineos’ years of tuning with magna steyr, just by doing that, and without worrying about filters.

personally I would never do that, but the middle east dune screaming scene is kind of unique. But the grenadier’s weight is never going to be able to compete with some of the other things you could work on….
NO not looking into changing tuning, it will come at loss of low end torque, Just subtle changes. Have done the Dunes in previous vehicles, 1984 Pajero, 2000 Cherokee, 2008 Pathfinder, 2015 Wrangler. Looking to do easier driving. Thanks for the input.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
NO not looking into changing tuning, it will come at loss of low end torque, Just subtle changes. Have done the Dunes in previous vehicles, 1984 Pajero, 2000 Cherokee, 2008 Pathfinder, 2015 Wrangler. Looking to do easier driving. Thanks for the input.
This is a turbo motor it’s going to have the torque down low. All a tune will do is add to it.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Problem is the ZF tranny, if the specs on wiki are to be believed, is its the lower torque limited version. Could exceed that pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom