The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Towbar? UK

m18rus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
Hi there based in the UK with a 'used' ex-demo car. 2023 model, 4k miles. Station wagon, petrol. Loving it. Doesn't have a towbar. Problem is obtaining & purchasing the chassis mount adapter between the chassis & ball. Tried the supplying & local dealer both say made requests to Ineos for the part without success thus far. 4 weeks now. Can anybody assist with original part or even aftermarket part? Shouldn't be difficult, bit of bent metal & 4 bolts.....................................Thanks in advance.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wish you luck, been asking my agent since purchase and so far nothing. Let us know if you are successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there based in the UK with a 'used' ex-demo car. 2023 model, 4k miles. Station wagon, petrol. Loving it. Doesn't have a towbar. Problem is obtaining & purchasing the chassis mount adapter between the chassis & ball. Tried the supplying & local dealer both say made requests to Ineos for the part without success thus far. 4 weeks now. Can anybody assist with original part or even aftermarket part? Shouldn't be difficult, bit of bent metal & 4 bolts.....................................Thanks in advance.
Then I think the issue may be connecting to the CANBUS controlled LED tail lights and indicators and getting the instrument repeaters to function without dealer programming with ODB reader/laptop

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer (Harwoods in Portsmouth) managed to add towbar + electrics to mine despite them not having been specced when the vehicle was ordered. You might want to suggest that your dealer ask them for a pointer.

m18rus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Contact Buzz Special Vehicles in Hoddesdon, they may be able help.
Hi Ryan, In touch with Buzz. They do the electrics & can fit the part & ball if you can source one. But the part is the issue. Between chassis & ball.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that you can’t retrofit the towbar ….. has to come factory fitted🤷‍♂️

Local time
Reaction score
lneos need to sort out their part supply and after sales ASAP

l've a customer got their Grenadier last Summer, specified a tow bar but it came without one due to "parts availability" He was promised his tow bar would be "a priority"

He loves the vehicle but STILL waiting for the towbar to be fitted and needs it to tow his caravan soon.

ChrisCRTRX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Hi there ,
We copied adaptor for tow hook, now at treatment , if there is enough interest I can supply you.
Just let me know, based in Netherlands
On the electric side we are still looking for solutions
Grz

Chris

Attachments

• PHOTO-2024-01-18-16-56-10.jpg
    PHOTO-2024-01-18-16-56-10.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 24
  • PHOTO-2024-01-18-16-57-52.jpg
    PHOTO-2024-01-18-16-57-52.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 24
  • PHOTO-2024-01-18-16-59-07.jpg
    PHOTO-2024-01-18-16-59-07.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 24

m18rus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there ,
We copied adaptor for tow hook, now at treatment , if there is enough interest I can supply you.
Grz

Chris
Hi Chris. Actually paid my local dealer & ordered the part last week. Thanks. I'm sure you'll have plenty of interest as Ineos are currently lax as customer service & parts supply despite the 48 hour assurance on the website. Regarding the electrics mine is going to Buzz Overland tomorrow. They say done plenty now & stand alone warranty their work. Try Alex. Regards Russell https://buzzoverland.co.uk/

Reactions: PBD

m18rus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there ,
Grz

Chris
Hi Chris. hope well. Theres obviously a good market for these adapter plates. Mines been paid & on order since 22nd January. As of today both Ineos & my dealer can't give me any likely supply date. Obviously now difficult at work as I use a trailer. Can I get one of yours? I'm in the motorhome to Hook Of Holland arriving morning of Friday 1st March & on to Belgium until the 6th then at Strandpark Vlugtenburg near Hook of Holland. Where you based, if I could collect it or you could post it to the campsite for me, it saves customs & duties etc since Brexit. I can send the address & do a payPal friends & family payment or bank transfer if you let me know. m18rus@hotmail.com Also did you contact Alex at Buzz overland? I've had my electrics done & he's waiting for a number of the adapter plates from ineos but he need a 'type 'aaproval' on them as fitting as a dealer/trade. Regards, Russ

Back
Top Bottom