The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket exhaust and wheels

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
They are a prototype version from Laser Lights that would fit as a kit (no cutting) to replace the round ones. Appears they are fitted with 3 x 11 watt LED giving 5.060 lumens usable
Thanks for the update on the light bar. Any links?

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the update on the light bar. Any links?
No info on the light bar but if you or anyone else finds out…I’m very much interested. I like the Black Sheep model more but the output from the OSRAM LED bars is low…too low to waste that real estate. Not sure if you can replace the modules but then again…it’s becoming an expensive proposition :(

EDIT: just send out a mail to ask them if they can provide specifications for the slots on that LED roof bar and / or / if they can replace the LED’s by Lazer for example (they have a slim line 30K lumen version)

Last edited:

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me, the Grenadier stands out from the crowd as it is however I fully understand the desire to do more. This is a vehicle made for individuals to modify as they desire.
FN Minimi Mk3...:LOL:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
The square lights in the grill is a Black Sheep Innovations product. You can find it on the webshop. The LED'S on the roof are not from them, but they have also a light bar with LED'S, very slim design. Not so bad... If you need extra lights or want to pimp the car.
I know about the grille ones. It was the pair in front of the windscreen that had me puzzled. Apart from the wind noise if they are mounted there...
Plus the reflections off the bonnet of the shiny black from the lightbar would be terrible.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I know about the grille ones. It was the pair in front of the windscreen that had me puzzled. Apart from the wind noise if they are mounted there...
Plus the reflections off the bonnet of the shiny black from the lightbar would be terrible.
They look like work lights from Lazer lamps.
You would use them only when driving slowly or stationary typically.
The way they are mounted would waste half the light on the bonnet and cause huge glare.
1691099117679.png1691099145486.png
1691099326107.png1691099356003.png

1691098980303.png

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
Plus the reflections of the bonnet of the shiny black from the lightbar would be terrible.
In America we call them “ditch lights”. Every cool guy Tacoma / 4Runner has them installed.. so they can see the ditch edge in night time off roading 🤷‍♂️

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They look like work lights from Lazer lamps.
You would use them only when driving slowly or stationary typically.
I thought drug dealers just used a mobile phone light?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In America we call them “ditch lights”. Every cool guy Tacoma / 4Runner has them installed.. so they can see the ditch edge in night time off roading 🤷‍♂️
Fair enough if that's your thing . I just want to not strike animals.

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah it’s mostly about making your truck look cool..
So it's not about the adrenaline rush of wheeling at night?
If it was , I would recommend not using side lights to highlight the gutters and steep dropoffs.
Like the intrepid explorers did in the 1950s and 60s :)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many of us will be using these vehicles for other purposes than 4WDing and overlanding.
I plan on putting these work lights on the side and rear of my vehicle so I can use them to light up things like the boat ramp, camp site, outside the shed, side roads and gateways.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many of us will be using these vehicles for other purposes than 4WDing and overlanding.
I plan on putting these work lights on the side and rear of my vehicle so I can use them to light up things like the boat ramp, camp site, outside the shed, side roads and gateways.
I can certainly recommend these Lazer lamps, I've fitted a Utility-25 Maxx to the ladder as a rear worklamp and it is very effective.

1691134391210.jpeg

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
an opinion of "ditch lights" from a hunters perspective. In Germany such lights "on road" are not permitted. - Off road no problem. Trenches an Ditches are of course also quite a lot off road but pure side lights buy no additional safety. The lights on the roof above windscreen may help. If animals are hiding in the trenches they will perhaps stay either motion less - or get up and perhaps directly in front of you on approach. I was called to some accidents on road with roe deer where I had to pick up the remains of the animal. So typical is - roe is in trench grazing or perhaps intend to cross the road, vehicle approaches, perhaps on high beam, - roe stops and tries to hide, when vehicle however approaches plus noise and roe gets disoriented and jumps directly to vehicle with fatal result and quite some damage on vehicle. Low beam, and 45 to 50 mph
roe stays mostly in the trench.. and in case of jumping the risk of collision is lower. - Side lights to clamp / Magnetic - and a magnetic rotating orange warning light one I use to collect the remains. or if it is alive still to send it over the rainbow via a kiss by Glock.

To me side lights or search lights make only in sense in a very few use cases.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can certainly recommend these Lazer lamps, I've fitted a Utility-25 Maxx to the ladder as a rear worklamp and it is very effective.

View attachment 7822252
That is indeed an use case - and that is what I am thinking of - since beginning maybe telescopic. However anything I looked at - was either too heavy / fire brigade use stuff and beyond any budget. 5kEUR plus and may require approval.

The other was to cheaply built and not serving my needs.. it should be attachable on demand.. and perhaps powered by the NATO plug..

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No info on the light bar but if you or anyone else finds out…I’m very much interested. I like the Black Sheep model more but the output from the OSRAM LED bars is low…too low to waste that real estate. Not sure if you can replace the modules but then again…it’s becoming an expensive proposition :(

EDIT: just send out a mail to ask them if they can provide specifications for the slots on that LED roof bar and / or / if they can replace the LED’s by Lazer for example (they have a slim line 30K lumen version)
Hi

I mailed Lazers and had a positive reply. Below is some of the mail:

At Goodwood Festival of speed, we had our new grille kit and 2x Triple-R 16 Elite lamps fitted to a Grenadier that was being displayed on the Milltek Sport stand.

We plan on releasing the grille kit for the Grenadier soon, and this is with our highly popular Triple-R 750 and 750 Elite lamps. This kit replaces the two original additional driving lamps, in favour of our lamps. I have attached a picture of the fitted kit to this email.

More info on the roof installation later:Grenadier Install_Edit_02_HR.jpg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom