The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

6 Seats?

Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a Grenadier but with 4 kids one of my requirements is that i can get everybody in.

Has anybody looked at seats in the load space or at converting the back seat to take 4 (little people)? Its not for long journeys - we have other options for that but i do need to be able to get them in from time to time.

I may have to wait for the LWB i suppose - any idea when?

G

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a Grenadier but with 4 kids one of my requirements is that i can get everybody in.

Has anybody looked at seats in the load space or at converting the back seat to take 4 (little people)? Its not for long journeys - we have other options for that but i do need to be able to get them in from time to time.

G
Are "jump seats" still allowed? You could trip flip up ones in the cargo area (think proper Defender/Series).

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As of earlier this year, the rumor for that is model year 2027, so ~3 years

TinTin2023

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score

G
I'm still waiting for mine. However I do remember being surprised at how little space there is in this big thing during the test drive. If I had 4 kids + wife, this would not be an option for me.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score

G
Seems that there is space to put a rear-facing bench seat in the cargo area? Salvage a suitable bench seat from a small car (width may be a problem!) from a wreckers/salvage yard!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
@GrahamS .... My sympathies!!
I am speculating that in the UK, installing extra seats (under numerous regulations) for kids who may require child seats with "ISO" fittings is a headache of monumental proportions as it is here in Australia (requiring engineering certification etc etc)...

It's not a Grenadier, but an 8sp auto, 2.2R CDRI Hyundai diesel "AWD" Santa Fe with a 50mm suspension lift and A/T tyres is, from personal experience, a surprisingly capable vehicle ....and it has 7 seats!...

Last edited:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for mine. However I do remember being surprised at how little space there is in this big thing during the test drive. If I had 4 kids + wife, this would not be an option for me.
pick least favorite two and put in back ;p ?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

G
Having owned the Grenadier for nearly five months and loving it. I really don’t think it would be a viable option with four children. You would be compromising too much. Because the load space is not as well laid out as the likes of the Defender, I don’t think a rear seat is a viable option.

IrishHusker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

G
@GrahamS did you hear or find out anything about putting in a rear "jump seat" or something for a 6th seat? I'm in the same situation. 4 kids and want to get that 4th one around for short distances.

@Krabby have you heard of jump seats that could be put in? I loved riding on the jump seats in my dad's *95 NAS defender 90 as a kid.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

G
For all sorts of reasons I would put your name down for the new Toyota Landcruiser, or pick up one of the last Invicible ones from the current series which are discounted down to under £60k......and you'll get proven reliability.

Local time
Reaction score
For all sorts of reasons I would put your name down for the new Toyota Landcruiser, or pick up one of the last Invicible ones from the current series which are discounted down to under £60k......and you'll get proven reliability.

Here in the U.S. the Landcruiser 250 will not be available with a third row of seats - so it only seats five people total. We are not getting the Landcruiser 300 in the U.S.

The Lexus GX 550 - which is the Lexus version of the Landcruiser 250 - is available with a third row of seating in certain trims.

IrishHusker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
& @stickshifter
I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm pretty committed to getting a Gren even at the expense of leaving a child behind ... or at least they'll have to catch a ride in my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee L. If I decide to go with a 3 row, I'm looking at the Quad Motor Rivian R1S. Which may or may not be heresy on this forum.

Ideally, I'd like to have a removable jump seat for the 4th child so I could get us all in the Gren when we head out a few times a year oversand on the beach. So not for daily or long distance driving.

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
& @stickshifter
I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm pretty committed to getting a Gren even at the expense of leaving a child behind ... or at least they'll have to catch a ride in my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee L. If I decide to go with a 3 row, I'm looking at the Quad Motor Rivian R1S. Which may or may not be heresy on this forum.

Ideally, I'd like to have a removable jump seat for the 4th child so I could get us all in the Gren when we head out a few times a year oversand on the beach. So not for daily or long distance driving.
I'm in the same boat, ordered the Grenadier before the 'third' child turned into twin boys (on top of having two girls). However I don't hold a lot of hope for a sensible, legal solution here in Australia (however I will try)...

Perhaps it's time to go to a Light Truck 🤔

Attachments

• image_phone.jpeg-2.jpg
    image_phone.jpeg-2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom