The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and put on some new meats, again 🤣

I’m thoroughly impressed with these Toyo open country RT Trails. I started with 275/70r17, Eibach prototyped, put on 285/75r17, but knew there was more space. Finally ended up with 35x12.5. Haven’t tested offroad yet but there appears to be plenty of clearance.

I tested the 285/75r17 extensively rock crawling and there was still plenty of space remaining during articulation so I’m confident these will clear without issue.

My previous build was a Jeep JKU on a Currie vxr60 front, shaved 14 bolt rear, 3 link long arms, 2.5 king coilovers, hydro steer, 40’s, beadlocks, fully armored, etc. I went through BFG KO2’s, Goodyear wrangler mtrk’s, and nitto trail grapplers. The good years in 38x14.5 were my favorite tire with lots of sidewall deflection and had less slip than the guys on 40’s. I did really love the trail grapplers too in 40x13.5. For a dedicated rock crawler those tires were exceptional. This build is more of an overlander with rock crawling capability that sees lots of highway mileage. These toyos are quiet, comfortable, and more aggressive than a typical AT for better traction Offroad. Plus they look super cool compared to your run of the mill AT.

I know lots of guys in this demographic prefer tall skinny tires, I prefer thicker flotation sizes for more lateral stability. Plus they fit the size of the car better.
IMG_5508.jpeg
IMG_5513.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5513.jpeg
    IMG_5513.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5508.jpeg
    IMG_5508.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @Bodhi’s Grenadier your rig is looking spectacular. Is the "Eibach prototyped" the same as the Eibach 2.5" that is available now?

Thanks!

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Also, @Bhodi's Grenadier what wheels/wheel size are you running? I'd like to do the same with my Grenadier so want to make sure I look for the right rim width.

Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Did you notice any significant changes in handling with the tire upsize? Is your tire shop giving you gift cards for dinner?

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @Bodhi’s Grenadier your rig is looking spectacular. Is the "Eibach prototyped" the same as the Eibach 2.5" that is available now?

Thanks!
Eibach used our car to prototype on, meaning they tested and developed the springs before releasing them to the public. The car is the first ever in the world at this height. Pretty neat feature of the spring is the had printed serial number on them since they’re the first! 😎

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you notice any significant changes in handling with the tire upsize? Is your tire shop giving you gift cards for dinner?
I wish they were! They have helped me out on the price a bit for going through 3 different tire sizes already. Handles great in my opinion, much softer, which is what I wanted. I have no misgivings that this thing should handle well, I need it to be compliant Offroad and comfortable on the way to and from the trail. I’m interested to see how it rides next week when they take the car back to test their shocks!

Back
Top Bottom