The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

35s

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
One question to be asked (maybe already answered):
Will there be an option to program in different rolling diameters (i.e revs per mile) to correct speedo, etc? My G-wagen allows a (limited) selection. I run Yokohama Geolander AT's 275/65R18's (32" vs stock 30.5") and I was able (with my mechanics computer) to compensate. My D90 runs on 33" BFG MT 285/75R16 (33.1" vs stock 31.7") and could do a mechanical gearing on the speedo output, but never bothered.
Hoping the IG has the ability to reprogram!
For around $200 you can get an aftermarket handheld re-calibration tool for Jeeps and other vehicles (like the one below).

Given Ineos' pledge to be open-source with service and the aftermarket, one would assume they would make this easy. But who knows...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
Hoping the IG has the ability to reprogram!
Although I am not interested at all (at least for the time being, but probably never) in changing tire size and other things, I think this is a legitimate wish, they should provide this possibility

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
There's many a man would be very happy with an extra 21,5 mm............... ;)
But in reality, it does make a difference in rough terrain. Aired down, the contact patch is a good bit larger...
Actually the contact patch is a function of, and proportional to tyre pressure. A 31’ tyre will have the same contact patch as a 33’ tyre, if they have the same pressure. However the rim on the 33 will be further from the ground, good for preventing tyre pinching on obstacles. Thus the 33 can be run at lower pressures for the same rim clearance, giving it a bigger contact patch. So it is the ability to run lower pressures in the 33, that gives you a larger contact patch than the 31.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
Actually the contact patch is a function of, and proportional to tyre pressure. A 31’ tyre will have the same contact patch as a 33’ tyre, if they have the same pressure. However the rim on the 33 will be further from the ground, good for preventing tyre pinching on obstacles. Thus the 33 can be run at lower pressures for the same rim clearance, giving it a bigger contact patch. So it is the ability to run lower pressures in the 33, that gives you a larger contact patch than the 31.
What I said, clarified...... ;)

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
I would be interested to know why you want wide 33” tyres. Is it for the looks or for a specific purpose?
More mud and sand here than whatever you'd need skinny, tall tires for (whatever that might be). I'd think tall, skinny tires would be very efficient at digging holes and getting sunk quickly in mud. Look is a large consideration, as well.

Edit to add: My experience with being offroad working in the US Border Patrol, we had to use the trucks as they were, with highway tire pressures and did not have the equipment to air down or up. Hence, my comment of operating a wider tire at highway pressure giving more contact. Yes, I did watch the first video below, but still say that tall skinny tires look like they enjoy relations with other men.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom