The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 Tacoma to be Announced 2 days after Ineos NA pricing...coincidence?

jrchrds

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
thumbnail_IMG_7114.jpgDSC04450.jpg

Pricing for the 2024 Ineos Grenadier for North America releases May 17th- Toyota releases the pricing and engine configurations for the 2024 Toyota Tacoma May 19th. I can't imagine this is unintentional on Ineos' part. These are my vehicle replacement choices, and the 24 Taco is looking pretty smart.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
We get the Hilux over here not the Tacoma, but interested to know whether they're putting a propper boxed chassis in it this time?

jrchrds

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
We get the Hilux over here not the Tacoma, but interested to know whether they're putting a propper boxed chassis in it this time?
I'm pretty sure it's going the unibody way- the same as the new Tundra. Original thoughts were that it would be on the same frame, which is unfortunate, as I was a big fan of the smaller trucks. My 04, is visibly smaller than the later models.

Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's going the unibody way- the same as the new Tundra. Original thoughts were that it would be on the same frame, which is unfortunate, as I was a big fan of the smaller trucks. My 04, is visibly smaller than the later models.
With the TNGA-F (global architecture) of the trucks and SUVs, the Hilux, Tacoma 4Runner and Prado are going to have basically the same frames, which are smaller versions of the 300, Tundra, LX600, and Sequoia. Toyota did this for a multitude of reasons, but the benefit will be their higher end frames going on all of their true 4x4s. Toyota can also "easily" use any TNGA-F plant to made other TNGA-vehicles if needed to increase supply as needed. Should save Toyota a lot of $$$.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect the new Lexus GX reveal on June 8 during the Ineos pre-order period is also something that is not just a coincidence. I’m hoping with that reveal they also provide some info on a LC variant coming to the US, but I’m not holding my breath.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Toyota will sell every Tacoma, 4Runner, and Land cruiser (whatever it ends up being) that they decide to build for the US market, even if every one of the 8000 Grenadier reservation holders convert to an order. At least here in Seattle you don't see many Toyota 4x4s sitting on lots.

Back
Top Bottom