The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

“Drive out” cost estimate

Doctari

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Let’s assume that you pre-order a Grenadier with a total MSRP of $83,565.
Further, let’s assume the following:
1. 4 items are to be installed by the dealer
A. Rubber floor mats (MSRP = $250)
B. Checker plates (MSRP = $330)
C. Side runners (MSRP = $945)
D. Tailgate table (MSRP = 395)
2. Dealer in Cobb County, Georgia
3. Buyer in Fulton, Georgia
4. Cash purchase
5. No additional dealer add-on items such as rust-proofing, wheel insurance, etc.

What additional fees/expenses do you anticipate in addition to the MSRP?
What do you think the bottom line “drive out” price will be?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would say it'll be the same as any other vehicle, given that the dealerships are owned by groups that have other dealerships and have sold vehicles for many years....

In addition to MSRP would be: taxes (state/county/city specific), registration/licensing fees (state specific), and dealer documentation fee (some do not charge this, however, I can't think of any of my last 10 car purchases that didn't have one, and all but one has been from different dealer groups).

For other brands, the accessories are usually port installed (sometimes dealer installed), and are just the cost of the accessory, without any labor rates. Assuming that holds true, you have $1,920 in accessories.

So:
Vehicle Price: $83,565
Accessories: $1,920
Vehicle + Accessories:: $85,485
Taxes: $7,608.17 (8.9% according to Google for Fulton Co.)
Vehicle + Accessories + Taxes: $93,093.17

Add to that the dealer doc fee (around here it is usually between $399-500) and registration/licensing (for us around $180-300)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Krabby I knew I was missing something!! @Doctari add $1600 to my number....

Doctari

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
How much over MSRP do you think a dealer could/would charge for the dealer-installed items?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How much over MSRP do you think a dealer could/would charge for the dealer-installed items?

Seems like a dangerous proposition to have people blindly guessing that... But I'll say they'll charge MSRP and no installation

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for a few hours labor to install the runners and checker plates. Mats should be gratis, and table I can do if there's a charge. I would be fine with their charges as long as they don't tell me it's over $500 or so for the sliders and maybe $150 for the plates. I anticipate that my dealer will probably have the ability to do PPF and tint, so I will ask them for the cost to do a bit of that, but will also shop around for the best price.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
as long as they don't tell me it's over $500 or so for the sliders and maybe $150 for the plates.

The install labor should be reversed between those two... The sliders are a simple bolt on affair (probably in the neighborhood of 30 min), the checker plates require drilling, adhesive or tape (I believe this is still in the install), and rivets

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
The install labor should be reversed between those two... The sliders are a simple bolt on affair (probably in the neighborhood of 30 min), the checker plates require drilling, adhesive or tape (I believe this is still in the install), and rivets
I estimated times going off PTSD numbers from the slider install on my 4runner, which were anything but a simple bolt on. I'd be thrilled with cheap install costs for those. The plates better not cost more to install than their accessory price!

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
It isn't, destination is on top of the standard MSRP
Thanks I see that now in the configuration page. Guess I need to read all the fine print. I do believe that it did say in some of the earlier configuration pages that the destination charges were included or was that strictly an EU thing?

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
$900 for side runners

Similar to what LR wanted for side steps on my new Defender, plus fitting on top.

l bought aftermarket for £200 (under $300) and they were effectively the same.

Hopefully someone will start producing aftermarket Grenadier parts before too long.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wtf?! They changed it. I have it in writing the MSRP was inclusive of an $1800 delivery charge.
Really? In an email or something? Can you share a screen shot?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Really? In an email or something? Can you share a screen shot?
I’m looking for it. I’m on my phone in an airport but Ineos had made a statement confirming the MSRP included the $1800 delivery fee and I believe it was in the fine print on the website in screenshots I may have prior to them taking the website down and opening it up for live orders. They had stated MSRP included delivery to your dealer but the dealer would charge for additional install items and fees. I chatted with customer service about this who told me they didn’t know what the fees would be but told the dealerships to “keep it reasonable”. Starting to get to the point I hope they turn into a big failure.

Back
Top Bottom