The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Member Welcome

Grenadier Experiences

About

Created
Owner
khmarks
Privacy
Public
Manual user approval
Yes
Members
Discussions
Views
Language
English (US)

khmarks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Group owner
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
Please introduce yourself and share your interests. As a group, we'd like to schedule an organized excursion(s) in collaborating with the folks at Overland Experts (OEX) in Troy NC; they are located in the Uwharrie National Forest.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good evening and thanks for the invite! I was fortunate to meet Kenneth (and several other Grenadier owners) at a recent Fundamentals training class at Overland Experts. Some background for those that may not know me, I was a "pro driver" on the US PTO2 tour for the Grenadier (along with my better half), so I may have met many of you at some point.

While technically being in Maryland, I spend a good bit of time in NC, specifically as a trainer-in-training at OEX (and the shop that works on our vehicles is in NC as well). When not there, it is fairly safe to find me planning some sort of travel, as that is the primary pastime for my girlfriend and I. National Parks have been our thing for the past 4-5 years, and we've checked off all of the NPs in the lower 48, as well as a handful in Alaska. Additionally, we have done a number of non-paved vehicle routes around the country (seems less cliché than saying overland routes) including the TNHX, KAT, MABDR, as well as portions of the IDBDR, UTBDR, and a handful of other routes throughout the West.

Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for the invite ! I meet Kenneth through the local FB group and in person the other day here at Triad Ineos. Had a great time speak with you. I actually didn't know anything about the brand until I started here at the dealership as the Service Director back in late December 2023. Once I got to drive one and get em up on a lift to check the build out I was very impressed. I cant wait to get one on the trails !!! Its been great getting to know different owners and seeing how the spec out their Grenadiers along with the mods they have done. I look forward to meeting everyone at some point at a group event or here at the store. If I can help anyone with anything please reach out to me.

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello All! Kenneth and I met at Triad Ineos. I had a great time chatting with him that day while my spouse's D110 went up in flames at our nursery in Unionville. although that sounds like a joke, it wasn't - vehicle was total loss after deciding to spontaneously catch fire in engine bay 1/2 hour after being parked (no one was harmed in the incineration of this Landrover). I purchased my vehicle primarily for work and daily driving and have enjoyed tinkering with a few upgrades/mods to it. I've put about 5k miles on at to the time of writing this, feel free to reach out and we can talk about how much this thing is a joy to drive, and a pita to open the damn door buttons after it rains. Ask me about my accessory OBD reader I bought for the truck after topping off the tank one day, LOL... Cheers!

Ghempo

Global Grenadier
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@motolatte was your wife's D110 of a tan color with soft top by any chance?

If so, I saw it one day, cruising with my family in our Scottish White Grenadier (we currently live near Uptown)... it looked to be a really rad ride!

Either way, sorry for your loss... although my 1998 Discovery I never caught fire, like all others, it had a multitude of LR gremlins. Ultimately, it succumbed to a catastrophic radiator failure whilst being driven by my little sister, who didn't stop in time... nice warped heads that couldn't be fixed.

Best of luck with insurance, and perhaps we'll catch each other in passing one of these days!

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

If so, I saw it one day, cruising with my family in our Scottish White Grenadier (we currently live near Uptown)... it looked to be a really rad ride!

Either way, sorry for your loss... although my 1998 Discovery I never caught fire, like all others, it had a multitude of LR gremlins. Ultimately, it succumbed to a catastrophic radiator failure whilst being driven by my little sister, who didn't stop in time... nice warped heads that couldn't be fixed.

Best of luck with insurance, and perhaps we'll catch each other in passing one of these days!
Nah, modern Defender, Tazman Blue with white top and a bunch of Lucky8 stuff on top. - Looks like an sPod that the lights were hooked up to may have been part of the issue... but that's just a guess on the insurance co.'s investigator looking at the damage. Probably will never know as it looks like it's just going to get hauled off to salvage at this point. and my wife will be shopping for something new to drive. Hate to hear of your experience with the Disco.... I think we are moving away from the Green Oval for now. would 100% be buying another Ineos if we didn't have to accommodate her 80 year old mom who can't really climb up into anything anymore.

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

you aren't driving a grey Ineos and have happened to be over near CLT airport last week, Thursday around 5:00 - that was my first actual sighting of an Ineos in the wild... maybe you?

Ghempo

Global Grenadier
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Negative @motolatte

I've seen around 4-5 IGs in the wild around Charlotte so far.

Mine is Scottish white with safaris, more likely to be seen in Southpark on weekends, ferrying kids around... hopefully soon to be seen on some of the lighter trails in Uwharrie!

I loved MY experience with the ole Disco I... forced me to learn a lot about maintenance and turning my own wrenches.

I do hate my sister's experience with the truck, but shame on me for letting her drive such a finicky old thing!

Anyway, it led a good life and it's bumper (RTE/Rovertym) and roof rack (Safety Devices) live on with other rigs run by other folks.

neos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, just recently moved from Dallas, TX area to Boone, though still in the process of buying a home. But my grenadier is here now, though tagged with the Texas flag. Looking forward to adventures and meetups.

Back
Top Bottom