The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Waiting for the software upgrade...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Further developments and reflections on the warning lights, after the visit to my car by the Ineos technical manager for Italy.
The cycle that I carry out between ignition and starting the engine is now consolidated and always successful. All alarm sources removed (doors closed, seatbelts fastened, handbrake released), turn the key and wait for the check of the warning lights on the steering wheel display to go off. At this point definitely bong and a warning. I turn off and repeat. Normally three times is enough, at worst four. When only the icon engine stays on, they stop repeating errors. Wait a few more seconds, start the engine and go.
If you try to turn it on again within half an hour, the lights will not come on. It's obvious that it should be a flash rom reset problem...

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
I think you are onto something here. My experience would suggest the same - when I am being patient I do the same - refusing to start the engine and turning off the ignition until all the bongs and warning lights have disappeared. Sometimes it take 3-4 times.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Further developments and reflections on the warning lights, after the visit to my car by the Ineos technical manager for Italy.
The cycle that I carry out between ignition and starting the engine is now consolidated and always successful. All alarm sources removed (doors closed, seatbelts fastened, handbrake released), turn the key and wait for the check of the warning lights on the steering wheel display to go off. At this point definitely bong and a warning. I turn off and repeat. Normally three times is enough, at worst four. When only the icon engine stays on, they stop repeating errors. Wait a few more seconds, start the engine and go.
If you try to turn it on again within half an hour, the lights will not come on. It's obvious that it should be a flash rom reset problem...
I sure hope this software updates comes out soon and us Aussies still waiting for delivery get it sorted. My wife will hit the roof if the vehicle if beeping at her all the time, with any of the kids trying to sleep in the back!!!

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
If you are patient, and wait for some seconds, you'll get no bong at all with the car moving. After the short, temporary, procedure, the warning lights/bongs never return during all the trip. I guess that at the end of August/first part of September that should be fixed. Although I'm not sure this is a software problem, but a flash Rom one.. Obviously, probably could be fiixed also by software. Let them to give us a (quick) fix...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
I sure hope this software updates comes out soon and us Aussies still waiting for delivery get it sorted. My wife will hit the roof if the vehicle if beeping at her all the time, with any of the kids trying to sleep in the back!!!
Just point out the door handle if she starts complaining.

Back
Top Bottom