The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
If I get in the car, start it, and hit the FAV button, I can count slowly to at least 5, sometimes much longer, before it takes me to the programmed screen. Sometimes it never makes it there.
You are definitely not experiencing the norm. Has this been an issue since purchase? Are you on the list for a software update?
Really I felt like that was accurate. What is your experience?
What do you feel was accurate?
@Zak Smith description of using the favorite button. It is what I also experience. What do you experience while using it?

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
So you are also experiencing that you never get to the program screen using the Fav button?
I have the same experience with my FAV button.
Lag of around 5 seconds.
Occasionally never goes to "speed" screen.
Occasionally goes to ADAS screen instead of "speed" sub-menu.
Occasionally goes to vehicle settings screen instead of "speed" screen.

If it goes to the wrong screen, I hit the FAV button again, returning to the screen prior to the first FAV press; then hit FAV one more time and it usually goes to the "speed" screen then.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Lag of around 5 seconds.

If it goes to the wrong screen, I hit the FAV button again, returning to the screen prior to the first FAV press; then hit FAV one more time and it usually goes to the "speed" screen then.
Pretty much the same for me. Now that I know foot-off-accelerator stops the chirps, I'm much less worried about the Fave sequence at start-up, but I definitely use it underway.

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Lag of around 5 seconds.

Yep.

Besides the lag and inconsistency, I believe this breaks a user-interface "rule", which is that dedicated buttons ought to do the same thing every time and not be context dependent. (In this case it's more "random" than dependent though, LOL)

Makers52129

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
Holy shit guys.

I picked up my Grenadier about two months ago. I was immediately irritated by the speed warnings. It always thinks I am in a school zone, and if I drive "posted speeds" on the highways in Texas I'll get hammered.

I checked this forum when it had about six pages of responses and it taught me to favorite the ADAS screen. That was awesome.

I love my truck. The most annoying thing about having a Grenadier these days is the amount of questions and tours I have to do for onlookers. And, I tell them the most problematic thing is the warnings the reset every time I start her.

I wish Ineos would update the software to remember my settings. I have spoken to my rep about it (along with the question of where's my service manual), and haven't had a great response.

But, I still love this truck.

Checking back in today to see if there were any updates. 40+ pages of posts, and it's mostly about doxxing and anger and definitions?

This is unfortunate. I think I'll tap out for now.
I agree with you ! I am done! Good luck guys, enjoy your grenadier as I will enjoy mine with out this BS.

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Every 2024 car imported from the EU after July, 2023 has the exact same over speed warning. It’s not exclusive to Ineos. New BMW and Mercedes buyers are experiencing similar clicks and hoots.

There is discussion of an OBD2 solution for BMW. According to this thread you have to send your module to a company in Finland and pay 1200 Euro. The car will be disabled while the module is out and the warranty appears to be voided if a third party does the coding.

Haha! are you low key the INEOS engineer that decided to implement the chirper 🦗? i’ve never seen someone so willing to die on a hill for such an obviously annoying function. This is the only logical conclusion 😂
Every 2024 car imported from the EU after July, 2023 has the exact same over speed warning. It’s not exclusive to Ineos. New BMW and Mercedes buyers are experiencing similar clicks and hoots.

There is discussion of an OBD2 solution for BMW. According to this thread you have to send your module to a company in Finland and pay 1200 Euro. The car will be disabled while the module is out and the warranty appears to be voided if a third party does the coding.

ok ill admit the chirping speed warning isnt as bad now that ive somewhat gotten used to the shortcut. But it still does suck, just not unbearable level of suck 😂

Back
Top Bottom