The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the Grenadier

Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
Sorry we do not have a spec sheet, but with that said, how tall are the Grenadiers ranging from?

Stock height is 80.7 inches (page 47 of the U.S. Brochure), and that is on 31.6 inch tires.

Bear in mind that a 3-inch lift is in the works, and with that, I'm guessing some will run a 35-inch tire. That will take the height up to around 85-86 inches. My guess (just a guess) is that a 2-inch lift and 33-inch tires will be the sweet spot for a lot of folks.

Exterior_Dimensions.png

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound like anything sub 7’/84” is doable if the stock height is 80.7”.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Sorry we do not have a spec sheet, but with that said, how tall are the Grenadiers ranging from?
6' 7" if I did my math correct. It is listed at 2050 mm.

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
Happy Good Friday Everyone!

As Promised, you guys are the first to see these photos, please keep in mind, these are just photoshopped renders of our rack on a grenadier to give you guys an idea of what our TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the Grenadier is going to look like. The renders are subject to change but overall look is our goal. The Full Length TRMR Rack for the Grenadier is pictured but if you look closely you can see the cut off for the 3/4 rack that will be offered. If you have any questions, reply below or PM us here! Thanks.Front view.jpgIsometric view.jpgSide View.jpg

TrailRax

Supporting Vendor
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

For those who may have missed it, we debuted our TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the Ineos Grenadier at Overland Expo West 2024 in Flagstaff AZ this past weekend. This thing was a hit and we were very excited to show off what we have been working on. While unfortunately we were not able to make these available for purchase at the show, the team is working hard to make sure we provide a roof rack that Ineos Grenadier owners want and look for.

A few concerns came up at the show that we have documented... The height of the rack and overall profile. This profile was made just tall enough to be able to open the safari windows with the rack still on. This also means with all the gear on your rack, the safari windows will still open without hitting gear or anything on the rack. While the niche portion of customers looking for that want a high enough rack for it, We had a lot of concerns of getting a rack that fits with certain height restrictions and making this roof rack as low profile as we can. What is everyone's compromise on this? Are you team, being able to open safari windows with the full length and current height of the rack? Or are you team low profile rack?

Something to keep in mind: We assume the 3/4 length rack will be most popular for the Grenadier platform but also want to offer as many benefits as possible for the roof rack ownership. We assume with a full length rack, most customers will run 3/4 length but when it comes to getting ready for a weekend trip or week long trip with the family or friends, you bolt up the front 1/4 rack for additional storage mounting.

Let us know if you have any questions and we would love to hear your feedback as an owner of a grenadier. Would you be willing to give up the usability of your safari windows (only when the front 1/4 is on to make a full length rack) for low profile and minimal vehicle height increase?
IMG_5787.jpegFullSizeRender.jpeg

Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

For those who may have missed it, we debuted our TrailRax Modular Roof Rack for the Ineos Grenadier at Overland Expo West 2024 in Flagstaff AZ this past weekend. This thing was a hit and we were very excited to show off what we have been working on. While unfortunately we were not able to make these available for purchase at the show, the team is working hard to make sure we provide a roof rack that Ineos Grenadier owners want and look for.

A few concerns came up at the show that we have documented... The height of the rack and overall profile. This profile was made just tall enough to be able to open the safari windows with the rack still on. This also means with all the gear on your rack, the safari windows will still open without hitting gear or anything on the rack. While the niche portion of customers looking for that want a high enough rack for it, We had a lot of concerns of getting a rack that fits with certain height restrictions and making this roof rack as low profile as we can. What is everyone's compromise on this? Are you team, being able to open safari windows with the full length and current height of the rack? Or are you team low profile rack?

Something to keep in mind: We assume the 3/4 length rack will be most popular for the Grenadier platform but also want to offer as many benefits as possible for the roof rack ownership. We assume with a full length rack, most customers will run 3/4 length but when it comes to getting ready for a weekend trip or week long trip with the family or friends, you bolt up the front 1/4 rack for additional storage mounting.

Let us know if you have any questions and we would love to hear your feedback as an owner of a grenadier. Would you be willing to give up the usability of your safari windows (only when the front 1/4 is on to make a full length rack) for low profile and minimal vehicle height increase?
View attachment 7857735View attachment 7857736
Not having safari windows I will be most interested in a 3/4 rack that I can convert into a full rack when needed. It would also be nice to have lights on the front portion so we could go full off-road mode when the front is used but still have a smaller low profile 3/4 rack that just gets left there all the time. If I were to have safari windows I would think the compromise would to be able to open them with the 3/4 rack but then not when the full rack is on and still have it be lower profile.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not having safari windows I will be most interested in a 3/4 rack that I can convert into a full rack when needed. It would also be nice to have lights on the front portion so we could go full off-road mode when the front is used but still have a smaller low profile 3/4 rack that just gets left there all the time. If I were to have safari windows I would think the compromise would to be able to open them with the 3/4 rack but then not when the full rack is on and still have it be lower profile.
Agreed

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Hey it’s me 😍😍😍

Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I have safari windows and do not use a RTT. I prefer 3/4 rack and slim profile. When needed, i think I would like a front section, but to be in front of safari as a light bar/ support cross rack.

For me, the vertical sides are not my favorite. I like to be able to see between the cross bars and the roof-top, just to make sure nothing is hanging or rubbing.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stock height is 80.7 inches (page 47 of the U.S. Brochure), and that is on 31.6 inch tires.

Bear in mind that a 3-inch lift is in the works, and with that, I'm guessing some will run a 35-inch tire. That will take the height up to around 85-86 inches. My guess (just a guess) is that a 2-inch lift and 33-inch tires will be the sweet spot for a lot of folks.

View attachment 7843381
For reference, my car has the rack on it, 2.5” lift, and 35” tires. The highest point is measuring at 87.625”.

Attachments

• IMG_5873.jpeg
    IMG_5873.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom