The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof rack from Leitner Designs coming soon

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
Yes, they sent me the “Wind Noise Reducer” as @DaBull pointed out after the initial sale. I believe it’s now included with the purchase of the rack.

After attaching it, I was still getting whistling above 70mph. I have a Thule cargo pod direct mounted to the rack and I wasn’t sure if that was the cause of the whistling or if the rack was the continued cause. On long trips, the noise was driving everyone nuts - especially the dogs. I, separately, purchased Leitner’s Wirelok Wire Guide System. The Wirelok Wire Guide System is the “Wind Noise Reducer”. I cut to size a piece to fit the underside T-slot channel of the front facing load bar. One on top (as shown in the assembly instructions) and one on the bottom eliminated the whistling. Now I just have wind noise that I don’t think is any worse than what I had before installing the rack.

My advice would be to add the bottom piece before mounting it to the roof. It was a challenge attaching it with the rack on the roof. The rack is perfect for my needs and I enjoy it so much more without the whistling.
Hi RobS, Thanks for the tip. Getting ready to install my 3/4 Leitner Rack. Will take your advice and use the Wire Management strip on the bottom first and have order 4 more to use as needed on the top side. DaBull

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi RobS, Thanks for the tip. Getting ready to install my 3/4 Leitner Rack. Will take your advice and use the Wire Management strip on the bottom first and have order 4 more to use as needed on the top side. DaBull
It’s a terrific piece of equipment. You’re going to love it.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
It’s a terrific piece of equipment. You’re going to love it.
Hi RobS, Thanks. I am looking at it laid out on my garage floor and amazed at how much real estate it takes up. It make's you realize how large the roof is on the Grenadier. From this perspective you gain an appreciation how stout this rack is. When I see them in photos mounted on a Grenadier, they look nice. When I look down on it assembled on the garage floor, It's a beast of a rack sure to carry anything anywhere. DaBull

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
I also have a Thule Roof Box, and was wondering the same. I just received my Leitner rack yesterday and promptly put it together last night.

Unfortunately, I've found that the Thule "PowerClick Clamps" which come standard with the roof box that I have (assuming the same for yours), do not open quite wide enough to clamp onto the Leitner rack cross bars. That being said, in doing a bit of research, it looks like someone already created a potential solution (I say potential, since I haven't tested it yet), but I purchased a set of these T-track adapters, which I plan to attach directly to the T-tracks on the Leitner cross bars (there are 2 tracks on the top face of each of the Leitner cross bar):

Hey GrenADV
I have Shitake now and yesterday they fitted a full factory rack for me as part of a deal (too long a story for here)
But I’m wondering if these clamps will fit into the rhino rack slots to replace the Thule clamp setup that doesn’t work?
Cheers
Pedro

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
@Karearea I replaced the power click with the e-trailer direct mount adopter linked in @GrenADV s post. I believe the Rhino Rack uses a t-slot mounting system. If so, these adapters will work.

Back
Top Bottom