The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Limiting signatures to a few lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
Odd, been here over a year. No one ever mentioned it before. The sigline just sort of grew as things happened. We were all tracking our ships, our timelines (not all, but several folks were). People were posting their builds, mods and I was just copying others. Maybe I was copying everything everyone did!

I apologize for disrupting anyone's experience. I had no idea it was an issue. Had ANYONE direct messaged me, I'd have addressed it.

Since I don't look at the forum on an iPhone 14 Max, I guess I never noticed.

desertdefender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
FIFY.

BTW, Welcome to the forum! Wow, 17th post. Hopefully we can change everything so you like it.

Great, that's awesome. You should link your build thread in there so that people can know the precise time and date that you placed your deposit on your truck, picked up your truck, rotated your tires, etc. It's super important to them, I'm sure.

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I apologize for disrupting anyone's experience.

Not real sure why you’re apologizing IG; or why you feel you need to.

I certainly haven’t been around here for long, but will say this thread is the 1st time I’ve felt like I was reading every other forum on the internet full of keyboard hero’s. Up until now, this has been a friendly and helpful place, full of camaraderie and collaboration amongst enthusiasts. But I can’t control this place anymore than anyone not named Stu anyway, so I’ll just kick back with a beer (or 2 or 3) and watch Caitlin Clark drain some 3’s this evening.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey, He posted the culprit. Whats he supposed to do? Photoshop it like we would be too dumb to know or work it out? The sig line is literally the whole screen. It's completely unreasonable. No one wants to block people or block everyone's sig line.

FYI. Personal experience and preference has me keeping sig lines to one joke, (who doesn't like a joke?) and the rigs/modifications pertinent to the site, so if I ask a question or make a comment in a technical section, the information needed by the reader about my truck experience is readily available. Which is common practice for technical sites. Maybe you're of a younger generation and used to the (useless) mayhem of social media and lack technical forum experience. Do you now understand where there can be an issue with telling everyone to turn off sig lines on technical forum?
No, my point is if its something that bothers him so much he could have made a general thread about people with long signatures rather than calling out a good guy and active member so personally.
I only responded because he personalized to someone I know.
Im not of a younger generation, Im from a different generation where we aren't triggered over every GD thing.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not real sure why you’re apologizing IG; or why you feel you need to.

I certainly haven’t been around here for long, but will say this thread is the 1st time I’ve felt like I was reading every other forum on the internet full of keyboard hero’s. Up until now, this has been a friendly and helpful place, full of camaraderie and collaboration amongst enthusiasts. But I can’t control this place anymore than anyone not named Stu anyway, so I’ll just kick back with a beer (or 2 or 3) and watch Caitlin Clark drain some 3’s this evening.
This forum and the folks in it, have been like extended family. You meet someone in person for the first time and already know them... I've enjoyed reading, learning, sharing and hopefully helping others as we all navigated a completely new vehicle, order, delivery, outfitting, customization.

Just didn't know my posts (or sig box) were such an issue.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This forum and the folks in it, have been like extended family. You meet someone in person for the first time and already know them... I've enjoyed reading, learning, sharing and hopefully helping others as we all navigated a completely new vehicle, order, delivery, outfitting, customization.

Hi IG_in_AZ, Your signature was never an issue. It personalized you and your wife and Grenadier and your journey. I damm enjoyed it and miss it.
I for one say bring it back and please don's do a DCPU as we already lost one too many great forum members. DaBull

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi IG_in_AZ, Your signature was never an issue. It personalized you and your wife and Grenadier and your journey. I damm enjoyed it and miss it.
I for one say bring it back and please don's do a DCPU as we already lost one too many great forum members. DaBull
Thanks but sorry, it's gone. I deleted it from the signature block on my profile and don't have a copy.

DCPU - I really miss his posts; very insightful. His absence is palpable. Still some great folks here.

desertdefender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
No, my point is if its something that bothers him so much he could have made a general thread about people with long signatures rather than calling out a good guy and active member so personally.
Im not of a younger generation, Im from a different generation where we aren't triggered over every GD thing.

You guys are a crack up. "So personally". The only reason you knew who I was talking about is that his ridiculous signature has been posted 718 times on this forum.

I am here for technical knowledge and I don't care about the origin story of your truck or anybody else's. Clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way. I posted this because I was reading a thread in which he participated and his signature took up at least half of the vertical screen space of the entire thread.

Local time
Reaction score
You guys are a crack up. "So personally". The only reason you knew who I was talking about is that his ridiculous signature has been posted 718 times on this forum.

I am here for technical knowledge and I don't care about the origin story of your truck or anybody else's. Clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way. I posted this because I was reading a thread in which he participated and his signature took up at least half of the vertical screen space of the entire thread.
Yes.....
The stuff Greek tragedies are made of...

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Congratulations Chris, you are officially the 1st person I have set to ignore on this forum. Best of luck to you my friend….. goodbye

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Never noticed your signature as an issue. Maybe it's a fancy iPhone thing or a setting issue, guess I will continue on with my droid!

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations Chris, you are officially the 1st person I have set to ignore on this forum. Best of luck to you my friend….. goodbye
Can you start a new threat on how to ignore people? Ready to learn and follow your lead.

(emphasis: not sarcasm)

Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
I'm getting twinturbo.net flashbacks from 20 years ago. My solution back then was to add a very tall (long) picture of a Hankook Tire model to my signature. Nobody seemed to complain about that.

She still lives @ http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/4988412690_2b417e981d_b.jpg

Every car forum goes through its growing pains. Its pretty common to limit the length of signature lines to 3-4 lines, and some don't even allow images.

OP simply called out the most egregious offender on this forum.
Boobies!

Local time
Reaction score
FIFY.

BTW, Welcome to the forum! Wow, 17th post. Hopefully we can change everything so you like it.
This statement kinda reminds me of our town council meetings. It’s amazing how many times a new resident or someone that doesn’t traditionally participate in government, comes into a meeting with an issue, albeit real or perceived, forcefully makes their point, and the “old timers” dismiss their concerns because they are new. They do so not because it’s possible the issue has been hashed out 10 times over 30 years and with the intent to explain we’ve found the current method is the best possible solution, but merely because they feel their tenure and family history entitles them to crown a hierarchy, they are better more important citizens, and newbies should just STFU and do what they are told.

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This statement kinda reminds me of our town council meetings. It’s amazing how many times a new resident or someone that doesn’t traditionally participate in government, comes into a meeting with an issue, albeit real or perceived, forcefully makes their point, and the “old timers” dismiss their concerns because they are new. They do so not because it’s possible the issue has been hashed out 10 times over 30 years and with the intent to explain we’ve found the current method is the best possible solution, but merely because they feel their tenure and family history entitles them to crown a hierarchy, they better more important citizens, and newbies should just STFU and do what they are told.
It wasn't the topic that many objected to it was the presentation...

Local time
Reaction score
It wasn't the topic that many objected to it was the presentation...
Yea, and the presentation was necessary to make the point.

Ig just broke out the "newbie" trope which denigrates all newcomers to secondary citizen status. I personally find that much more concerning than a terse "call out" as THAT most certainly is a poison pill for a forum. I notice no one corrected him. I'm a rule of law kinda person. right is right. I don't do popularity contests.

Well, then don't be triggered by a single call out.

Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
DCPU - I really miss his posts; very insightful. His absence is palpable. Still some great folks here.

In the land of the blind ..... in reality all he did was unbolt bits and say 'look whats under here'. He had one of the early cars so he was able to post quite a few pictures and bits of obviousness but in reality he had the technical sympathy of a sledge hammer and the mechanical capability of a jam doughnut.
Which became very obvious as more and more people got cars and the technical/intelligence level of the owners/group increased.

One of his other qualities was posting images from other groups without attribution. I'm surprised there weren't any copyright issues especially as he would often leave people to believe it was his content.
And then there was the "you can't post that there, you need a new thread - look - i've created one for you" and the, "i've copied your post to 'this-thread' as it's already being discussed" period.
In my opinion he was a complete deuterostome.

I think several people told him to fuck off (I was one) which (thankfully) he eventually did.
This group is now a more balanced and technically resourced/detailed space.
If you want to find out about Grenny's here is 'the place'.
Technical answers, new kit, faults and repairs, local meets/info etc. The good the bad and the ugly, this group/forum offers both a social and an informative location for everything INEOS Automotive.

Attachments

• tennis2.jpg
    tennis2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom