The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Life with an Ineos

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Reservation was made way back then...

Took delivery Dec 30th, 2023.

Delivered to me at my place of work in northern Colorado.

Relatively short orientation by the salesperson.

My first impressions were really good. It is a good-looking vehicle.

I feel the dealer rushed the delivery. The vehicle was delivered to me poorly detailed, with some substantial scratches the full length of the roof.

The first drive with the salesperson was short, but once again, I was impressed by the ride and general feel. When the doors shut, it feels so solid and secure.

After accepting and signing the paperwork with a few items on the "we owe" I realize it's really here, so let's start life with a Grenadier.

The items on the "we owe" are as follows. Seat covers, tow hitch with the associated wiring, tailgate table, full detail, paint correction, windshield chipped - now cracked, right tail light lose, and the jack cover needs some work so you can remove it.

The first day was a lot of experimenting and just figuring out how to operate everything. You do have to get the owner's manual out. I know I said it, but read the manual when you get stuck. For example, to get the winch to work took me reading the book several times and not skipping over the part where it says the vehicle must be in Neutral, reverse, or drive. Not Park. Turning off the speed warning each time you start is annoying but not the end of the world. They promised a software update for this in the near future.

My first real drive on the road was a pleasant and almost calming experience. The highway speed manners of this thing are impressive. And I'm serious. Solid, smooth, and reassuring. For a solid front axle and the aerodynamics of a shoe box, this thing will impress. Yes, there is wind noise at 75mph, but back to what this really is. I traveled a little over 100 miles on the first day, and they were just good.

When I came out of Costco that first evening with my New Year's Eve groceries, I spotted the green machine waiting for me, glowing under a parking lot light, it looked even better.

Next surprise. The headlights are awesome. They are the best factory headlights I have experienced by a good margin. I typically add driving lights to everything I have, but this may work as is. A few more miles in the dark, and we'll make the decision on additional lights or maybe not. And once again, I forgot to turn off that speed warning.

More about today, tomorrow.

SG

P.S. When does the admin update your vehicle status?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
My first real drive on the road was a pleasant and almost calming experience.
You feel the same way about the drive as me...it is the Heart and Soul stuff versus the Money and Mass stuff...this truck has it...happy motoring and New Year (y)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I feel the dealer rushed the delivery. The vehicle was delivered to me poorly detailed, with some substantial scratches the full length of the roof.

The first drive with the salesperson was short, but once again, I was impressed by the ride and general feel. When the doors shut, it feels so solid and secure.

After accepting and signing the paperwork with a few items on the "we owe" I realize it's really here, so let's start life with a Grenadier.

The items on the "we owe" are as follows. Seat covers, tow hitch with the associated wiring, tailgate table, full detail, paint correction, windshield chipped - now cracked, right tail light lose, and the jack cover needs some work so you can remove it.

The first day was a lot of experimenting and just figuring out how to operate everything. You do have to get the owner's manual out. I know I said it, but read the manual when you get stuck. For example, to get the winch to work took me reading the book several times and not skipping over the part where it says the vehicle must be in Neutral, reverse, or drive. Not Park. Turning off the speed warning each time you start is annoying but not the end of the world. They promised a software update for this in the near future.

My first real drive on the road was a pleasant and almost calming experience. The highway speed manners of this thing are impressive. And I'm serious. Solid, smooth, and reassuring. For a solid front axle and the aerodynamics of a shoe box, this thing will impress. Yes, there is wind noise at 75mph, but back to what this really is. I traveled a little over 100 miles on the first day, and they were just good.

When I came out of Costco that first evening with my New Year's Eve groceries, I spotted the green machine waiting for me, glowing under a parking lot light, it looked even better.

Next surprise. The headlights are awesome. They are the best factory headlights I have experienced by a good margin. I typically add driving lights to everything I have, but this may work as is. A few more miles in the dark, and we'll make the decision on additional lights or maybe not. And once again, I forgot to turn off that speed warning.

SG

Thank you. A good summary of your first impressions. That makes me happy for you. And for Max and all the others, who have similar experiences.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Nice writeup. Cool username, I feel that you should wear a cowboy hat and carry a guitar in the trunk - total Rock Star name 😁

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The items on the "we owe" are as follows. Seat covers, tow hitch with the associated wiring, tailgate table, full detail, paint correction, windshield chipped - now cracked, right tail light lose, and the jack cover needs some work so you can remove i

I understand that dealers are trying to quickly get people their trucks and that some accessories are on back order, but that’s a disappointing paragraph to read. Hopefully that will be properly rectified!

Stu normally updates status stuff over the weekends, but with the holiday it might be a bit late. I know he and his family are traveling.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

SG

Congratulations Sela Green. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year! DaBull

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
Solid write up. I appreciate your first impressions and experience! Congratulations!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I understand that dealers are trying to quickly get people their trucks and that some accessories are on back order, but that’s a disappointing paragraph to read. Hopefully that will be properly rectified!

Stu normally updates status stuff over the weekends, but with the holiday it might be a bit late. I know he and his family are traveling.
@Sela Green It's on your profile. It's just below your location.

Just Interested / Reserved / Ordered / Under Contract / In Production / DeliveredRequired
0. Just Interested 1. Reservation Holder 2. Grenadier Ordered 3. Contract Signed 4. In Production/Transit 5. Grenadier Owner
Where are you in the Grenadier purchase process ?

ETA: I see now, I changed mine last week and it still shows Production.

ETA2: Stu's having some well deserved family visit time. I'm sure he'll get to it shortly.

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Six hundred fifty-five miles in, and things are going well. This thing will grow on you so that you are all aware. The limited information about features and warning systems, along with the European idiosyncrasies, are the Achilles' heel of the Grenadier.

The key and location of the ignition were also things that were left until the eleventh hour of development or maybe not even thought about. I'm not trying to be harsh here but for as great as the Gen is, they left room for some improvement in the future.

Ensure the hood is shut correctly, or you will get all kinds of chimes and, eventually, a siren as it sits in the driveway.

I've had the software for the main center screen glitch a couple of times, but that one is Carplay-related, I think. More experimenting is needed.

The ride is one of those things that I'm still trying to explain to people. Sometimes, I'm blown away by the ride, and other times, I'm left wondering what the goal is. It almost feels like highway speeds are where the sweet spot is. There will be some more miles before we really dive into that one.

Seat heaters are hot. They work well.

Doors shut like a dream. Strong, solid, clean, just pure satisfaction.

Get ready for some conversation every time you stop.

Sela

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Six hundred fifty-five miles in, and things are going well. This thing will grow on you so that you are all aware. The limited information about features and warning systems, along with the European idiosyncrasies, are the Achilles' heel of the Grenadier.

The key and location of the ignition were also things that were left until the eleventh hour of development or maybe not even thought about. I'm not trying to be harsh here but for as great as the Gen is, they left room for some improvement in the future.

Ensure the hood is shut correctly, or you will get all kinds of chimes and, eventually, a siren as it sits in the driveway.

I've had the software for the main center screen glitch a couple of times, but that one is Carplay-related, I think. More experimenting is needed.

The ride is one of those things that I'm still trying to explain to people. Sometimes, I'm blown away by the ride, and other times, I'm left wondering what the goal is. It almost feels like highway speeds are where the sweet spot is. There will be some more miles before we really dive into that one.

Seat heaters are hot. They work well.

Doors shut like a dream. Strong, solid, clean, just pure satisfaction.

Get ready for some conversation every time you stop.
from my experience and from
Sela
Completely agree with your thoughts here. I didn't have a rushed delivery like you did but I had a first delivery. We were learning about it together. Overall, I think the dealers have done a good job getting licensed and getting these out the door quickly. I agree also that the vehicle grows on you.
I've had the CarPlay glitches. That's much less of an issue to me, because software does that sometimes than some of the other things that have come up.

I don't think it's the key location as much as it's a cheap version of a Mercedes ignition switch and key. It's just off.

I'm noticing what I expected to notice as more vehicles are being delivered and people are having the same issues early deliveries had. At least most dealers are configuring the Favorites hack for ADAS but they are still delivering vehicles with Premium sound without instructions as part of delivery, unconfigured, and in many cases not even turned on.

Glad you are liking your ride. Enjoy!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
Quick note for today. Do not invest in the Factory seat covers.
I think that has been a fairly universal reaction from everyone that ordered them.

TX Wilderness Seeker

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick note for today. Do not invest in the Factory seat covers.

I just put the factory seat covers on today and they are less than impressive at $420 a section. Maybe worth half that and not as tight as I would like. I 100% agree with you, not worth the price. I am just going to stick with the back seat covers for now. Also there are no cut outs for the bottom seat buckle

Attachments

• 83084438-928A-46FE-BBB4-92FAB376B56A.jpeg
    83084438-928A-46FE-BBB4-92FAB376B56A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
I just put the factory seat covers on today and they are less than impressive at $420 a section. Maybe worth half that and not as tight as I would like. I 100% agree with you, not worth the price. I am just going to stick with the back seat covers for now. Also there are no cut outs for the bottom seat buckle
I removed them from my build after seeing them on the Goodwood YT video, they looked appalling. Watch @ 6:44
View: https://youtu.be/j95O507AlKk?si=aT0_zMwhUKFgw37u

Back
Top Bottom