The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Had to have vehicle towed today - editing title - found out not Ineos' fault!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
@dreamalaska
The work has already been done. You can find it in this thread.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Currently, just use my forefinger which rests on the tip of the key. I can then guide the blade in quite easily.
Quite difficult to explain without a few childish giggles. 🤭
Standing , sitting or kneeling? 😁

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
I just lean in and put the key in before I get in the, it's so easy to see as it's just the right height
Long story...
About 40 years ago, our parents, I, my wife of two months, and my little brother, set off on a road trip in Russia in an old Lada. After the long day of driving, pulled off into the forest road to camp; four of us slept in the tent (set up right up against the front bumper of the car), and my little brother slept in the car.
He woke up the first, and got bored quickly. His first thing to do in the morning was to turn the key in the ignition; he didn't "put the key in" all the way, but, being a pretty strong fellow, managed to twist the key off.
The annoyance of having a single car key broken in half was tempered by realization what would have happened if he did put the key all the way in. It was a stick shift, commonly parked in the first gear without parking brake. Our heads were like a foot from the front bumper, and maybe two feet - from the front wheels.

I plucked the broken bit from the ignition, hailed the ride into the nearest town with a Lada dealer and had a couple of new keys made. Sharing the nature of breakdown with the gloomy people in line to the counter was fun.

Efatl

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Hi Efatl, I found the same thing out about placing a ring around the outer edge of the key opening. It won't let the key be inserted far enough to work. So I came up with another solution to put a stainless steel washer inside the inner key opening. See the link below that includes photos. @Jean Mercier posted afterwards that using a polished copper washer that was sprayed with a clear lacquer might look nice and even be more visable. Either way it's helpful except when it is pitch black out. DaBull
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/wheres-the-key-slot.12415328/
Thanks! Done! I did that this week and it helps to see it (and still starts 🤣)

Efatl

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Can you please take a pic of that fuse or describe where it’s located that needs to come from Europe? Any other fuses like that should be prepurchased and carried in the glove box. If you’re caught in the boonies and it blows (literally) that would be a horrible surprise to find out in the moment that the local auto parts store doesn’t have that kind available. Another “boobytrap” dammit?
Sorry-I don't know where it's located, the dealership replaced it. They were able to source one from AutoZone instead of waiting for one to come from Europe.

Back
Top Bottom