The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Dealership to hand back license to Ineos +

Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
South Australia, Western Australia, and Northern Territory, over 5.8 million square kilometres have 3 Inios service centres between them, that is a drive of over 3000 km distance between each of them.
There would be very few Grenadiers sold outside of Perth, Darwin or Adelaide because of that reason especially when Toyota dominates in each states regional areas with independent mechanics that can diagnose and repair their product. It is very disappointing that Adelaide lost its dealer. Ineos is going to have to work hard to attract new agents to replace any agent that drops or rejects their product.

AWo

Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
I think it will be difficult up to impossible to be a Ineos only dealer.

The original sales concept I worked on (a little bit) was to sell via well known hub points where 4x4 people meet anyway. Put a few cars there to touch, feel and drive, order via the sales person over the internet and get it delivered. Like workshops, equipment dealers etc. However, in the end there must be something first to build on.

In Germany a few of these hub points have been realized.

AWo

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
South Australia, Western Australia, and Northern Territory, over 5.8 million square kilometres have 3 Inios service centres between them, that is a drive of over 3000 km distance between each of them.
I mean if one thinks that these locations are the only places competent to service or repair a vehicle outback travel is quite the thrill ride. All else fails then Youtube and misplaced self-belief/desperation go a surprisingly long way.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have been holding off mentioning this for a long time because I may be wrong but somehow I do not think so. There may be may be some dealers in Australia that did not take on the Ineos brand or rejected it very early prior to the first vehicle deliveries. The apparent closest one to me is around 2hrs away in Mackay, every time I go into Mackay I drive around looking for the Ineos brand and vehicles at the dealers various listed locations and also made contact with no replies, Ineos just tells you the network is always expanding when contacted. There is no local advertising or any info on their web site and not much comes up in a search. I would like to be corrected and told there is a dealer because if I finally decide to buy a QM I do not want to travel or pay for towing to attend the known dealers 4 to 5 hrs north or south for repairs the same as BMW dealers. For the same reason prior to committing to an Ineos I would like to know if there Is a workshop manual and useable diagnostic equipment to deal with the vehicle in the workshops and with field techs I work with. On a side note there is a local Mercedes and Land Rover dealer and service centre. The Mackay, Bowen Basin region is a very Toyota, Ford and Nissan dominated region with all the mines and agriculture in the region and this would be a a region that Ineos could very much benefit from out side of the capital cities.
The last thing you want is the nearest service centre (for oh crap moments) to be Brisbane. You made me laugh though with the only 3 makes of vehicle you will ever see up there!!! Although it's almost true.. the broke miners drive Ford/VW.

Local time
Reaction score
The last thing you want is the nearest service centre (for oh crap moments) to be Brisbane. You made me laugh though with the only 3 makes of vehicle you will ever see up there!!! Although it's almost true.. the broke miners drive Ford/VW.
Could add a few more, RAM, GWM and LDV utes are becoming very popular in the region. Likely to see more of these in the region then LC300.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Dang auto type. Lumbar support.
Those modern phones are far less accurate than the old ones :)
Using hand operated equipment, I made one of these <never fail> writey things at a Victorian nib factory in Birmingham today.
As per the Joe Walsh song , I'm an Analog Man ;)
20240502_114927.jpg

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
I mean if one thinks that these locations are the only places competent to service or repair a vehicle outback travel is quite the thrill ride. All else fails then Youtube and misplaced self-belief/desperation go a surprisingly long way.
Yes I agree, when my vehicles are out of warrantee I do everything myself, and carry extensive tools and materials when traveling remote for repairs, as I am sure you do after looking at your solo desert crossing very late in the season with one of the first Australian delivered Grenadiers, but a lot of people have no mechanical experience and in some cases 0 mechanical aptitude ( usually Toyota drivers ) who I, and I am sure others on this forum tend to help out.
So a lot of people don't feel comfortable if there is no dealer near by.
I think the Grenadier is extremely easy to work on for a modern vehicle, and far more mechanically robust, actually on a different level of robustness than anything available from any other manufacturers.
The Grenadier owners I have come across so far have a far greater understanding of vehicle mechanicals than most.
So the great distances are just inconvenient for warranty work, and factory servicing for the first 5 years of ownership for most Australians on this forum.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's not the size of the geographical area, it's the size of the "market". A similar area in Europe or the USA would be inhabited by upwards of 100+ million people (give or take a million or two!) The Australian population in that area is less than 5 million with most of them congregated around Perth and Adelaide with about 250k in the NT!

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
It's not the size of the geographical area, it's the size of the "market". A similar area in Europe or the USA would be inhabited by upwards of 100+ million people (give or take a million or two!) The Australian population in that area is less than 5 million with most of them congregated around Perth and Adelaide with about 250k in the NT!
It is nice to have a bit over 1 square kilometre 247 acres per person, or 4.5 square kilometres or 1,112 acres per average family, :- Mum, Dad and 2.4 children.
I think closer to 200,000,000 for the same area in the U.S.A or 400,000,000 for Europe, I just cheated and looked it up.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I agree, when my vehicles are out of warrantee I do everything myself, and carry extensive tools and materials when traveling remote for repairs, as I am sure you do after looking at your solo desert crossing very late in the season with one of the first Australian delivered Grenadiers, but a lot of people have no mechanical experience and in some cases 0 mechanical aptitude ( usually Toyota drivers ) who I, and I am sure others on this forum tend to help out.
So a lot of people don't feel comfortable if there is no dealer near by.
I think the Grenadier is extremely easy to work on for a modern vehicle, and far more mechanically robust, actually on a different level of robustness than anything available from any other manufacturers.
The Grenadier owners I have come across so far have a far greater understanding of vehicle mechanicals than most.
So the great distances are just inconvenient for warranty work, and factory servicing for the first 5 years of ownership for most Australians on this forum.
Yes, I wasn’t having a dig - that was self-deprecation. What I meant was that under Australian law one is free to have servicing carried out by a mechanic or service centre of ones choice. This need not be the dealer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom