The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Angus’ build thread

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
My dogs haven’t been my grenadier yet…need to get pics of them in there and I keep forgetting to get my pic of my now affixed badge.

Local time
Reaction score
I had originally spec’d a Scottish White Trialmaster w/tow hitch, privacy glass, aux battery, utility trim, and steelies.

I ended up purchasing an Eldoret Blue w/Black contrast roof, grey ladder frame, integrated winch, utility trim, aux battery, tow hitch, and steelies.

Current to do add-ons: (not in order of priority)
1) window tint (MA legal limit is 35%) one quote is $635 for all windows except windshield)
2) Bison Gear cargo shelf
3) Wolf Box G900 dash cam
4) pet ramp (looking for suggestions); dogs sit in back seat not cargo area
5) drawer boxes for cargo area to allow level surface with rear seats folded down
6) tow behind camper
7) ppf wrap/ceramic coating

View attachment 7841672
Check Krabby's dog thread. We've used steps and ramps for various dogs and vehicles. I'll post some photos soon.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Even the narrow aluminum ramp is a kluge in a side door. The milk crate (I worked for the dairy long ago - they gave me the crate) has a square of 3/4" plywood and a square of carpet screwed to that. I originally used heavy duty Velcro to fasten the plywood so I could switch it on and off. That failed and I'll get around to using cable ties. I'd give you our old Solvit ramp but it's even wider than the Kleinmetal shown here. I recently got the Safety Step for myself because I was looking at a lifted truck.

Attachments

• IMG_7959 - Copy crop.JPG
    IMG_7959 - Copy crop.JPG
    428.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8423 - Copy small.JPG
    IMG_8423 - Copy small.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 48
  • Safety Step small.jpg
    Safety Step small.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One factor i need to consider is that the dog the would use the ramp is a 95 lb Lab who is blind. Once he gets used to whatever I end up with he will be fine but it will be the initial entry/exits that are most challenging

Local time
Reaction score
One factor i need to consider is that the dog the would use the ramp is a 95 lb Lab who is blind. Once he gets used to whatever I end up with he will be fine but it will be the initial entry/exits that are most challenging
Dogs seem more comfortable with steps. Too easy to fall off the side of a ramp. Our Bruno (blind, 85 lbs) liked me to hold his harness, not to lift but for assurance. If his hips are OK you don't need a ramp.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
5k mile update:

Absolutely love driving the Grenadier. I’m still hoping to see another one on the road at some point.

Finally have my tow package installed and nothing to tow 😅. Not sure when I will have something to tow but I at least have the capability now.

Transfer case selector was replaced and after pulling up on the collar I can tell the difference between the old (no resistance, almost felt free movement) and replaced (just enough feel/resistance). Will be trying shifting into low and locking teh center diff in a few days when I have time to “futz” around.

Medallion was added a week or so ago (see pic).

1st oil change completed a bit pricey (~$350)…hopefully this will change moving forward or I will be doing my own.

Should have some side steps/sliders coming soon (month or so). Thank you @DaBull

An early nuisance I had was the passenger air bag light (off light) being too bright at night. Though it is too bright I have gotten used to it a bit.

Current nuisance is the mirror like reflections in the rear windows after the XPEL tint was installed. This is mostly a nuisance at night as the reflection is more prominent when there is nothing behind you (no vehicle headlights). Not much I can do about it so will have to live with it.

Another nuisance is the light sensor on the dash that controls the infotainment brightness. While using Waze for Navigation there are times the dash is in shadow and the infotainment/Waze goes into night mode making it very difficult to see the map. Can see the upcoming Turin fine built not the visual. Then it will change back to normal mode even though the sensor may be still in shadow.

Been finding that some people think it is a JEEP. While one or two think it is like a Hummer. 😂

I do still find the gas gauge/remaining miles situation a bit frustrating. I will get home and the gauge will be in the “yellow” levels so don’t think much about it. The next morning I start it up and suddenly I have no remaining range and the gauge is showing no bars. I drive to the gas station about a mile down the road and as I pull up to the pump and suddenly 3 bars appear on the gauge. I fill it up and it takes 17 gallons! The tank is about 23 gallons!

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dogs seem more comfortable with steps. Too easy to fall off the side of a ramp. Our Bruno (blind, 85 lbs) liked me to hold his harness, not to lift but for assurance. If his hips are OK you don't need a ramp.
Funny story…finally had my blind guy in the truck. He was about to try to “leap” in but i stopped him before he smashed his face into the base of the seat. He immediately tried to get into the front seat which wasnt an issue, even with the hammock, since the back seats are a bit higher than the front. The funny part comes when I get to a friend’s house. I open the rear door and tell him to wait…he doesn’t and jumps out as if he was in my small Lexus hatchback I used to have. Needless to say the ground wasn’t where he expected it to be and his momentum and forward position caused his front paws to “fold” under his body as he hits the grass and proceeds to face plant in the grass….He shook it off like a Gen Xer after going headlong over their Huffy’s handlebars 😆

Local time
Reaction score
Funny story…finally had my blind guy in the truck. He was about to try to “leap” in but i stopped him before he smashed his face into the base of the seat. He immediately tried to get into the front seat which wasnt an issue, even with the hammock, since the back seats are a bit higher than the front. The funny part comes when I get to a friend’s house. I open the rear door and tell him to wait…he doesn’t and jumps out as if he was in my small Lexus hatchback I used to have. Needless to say the ground wasn’t where he expected it to be and his momentum and forward position caused his front paws to “fold” under his body as he hits the grass and proceeds to face plant in the grass….He shook it off like a Gen Xer after going headlong over their Huffy’s handlebars 😆
Yup. They are so proud and determined. He gets by on scent and habit. Lucky he didn't mess up his front wrists. It will help to keep his weight down...oh silly me...he's a lab.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
5k mile update:

1st oil change completed a bit pricey (~$350)…hopefully this will change moving forward or I will be doing my own.
Was this service performed by an Ineos dealer or independent mechanic?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the showroom open yet? The banner "Grand Opening in March" is still on the web site.
I haven’t been yet. I do plan on going to the Coffee & Cars event tomorrow morning at The Archive. I may swing over to the dealership to check it out.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Went there today. They had cancelled. It isn’t a restaurant or anything. An old warehouse or something. Ended up driving to the dealership. They are placing orders from Buzz Overland, GP Factor and other places on to ROKO side of things. Should be good to work with them on accessories and not worry about exchange rates and overseas shipping.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just love gov't agencies...

With the issues of registering my Grenadier (not being in the RMV system and waiting a week) I have to renew my registration by the end of April. Apparently even though I just registered the vehicle by transferring my plates the registration carried over and kept the previous renewal date. Okay I understand and not a big deal since I can renew online...

Turns out I can't renew online. Why? Apparently the RMV doesn't show that I have proof of insurance!!! I just registered the vehicle in February! I had to show proof of insurance then why is it not in the system???

Now I have to call my insurance carrier, have them send proof of insurance, then wait for the RMV to update my file so that I can go online and renew my registration. Hopefully I can get it done by the end of the week.

Local time
Reaction score
Went there today. They had cancelled. It isn’t a restaurant or anything. An old warehouse or something. Ended up driving to the dealership. They are placing orders from Buzz Overland, GP Factor and other places on to ROKO side of things. Should be good to work with them on accessories and not worry about exchange rates and overseas shipping.
I originally found ROKO because I was going to put an Alu-Cab on my Tacoma.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Okay so my biggest gripe with the grenadier WAS the trip meter. I saw on FB that on the directional stalk there is a trip button. If you press it enough times the remaining miles section on the infotainment screen will change to distance. If you get to the trip you can hold in in the button to reset and it will ask you to reset from start or from reset. This lets you keep 2 trips. I did 1 fill-up and check my mileage. I was at 14.9 mpg by my calculations. This was a mix of highway and "around town" driving.

Like other things in the vehicle it is buried and not the most intuitive to use.

Back
Top Bottom