The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos You show us the trail?

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
These videos may have been linked already but I'm finding them very enjoyable. Good camera work, pleasant music, and a bit less of the histrionics that plague so many Youtube videos. The narration seems nice but I'm not conversant in French so I have no idea really. I'm not even bothering to have translated subtitles at the moment. Maybe the second time through. I'll just post the link to save on bandwidth.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu9ZmN7HwDQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
Yes the best video yet, already posted on Eibach + 30mm springs, with his shock absorber and spring upgrade due to leaking shock absorbers caused by his epic journey.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes the best video yet, already posted on Eibach + 30mm springs, with his shock absorber and spring upgrade due to leaking shock absorbers caused by his epic journey.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll definitely start reading the other thread. It's getting hard to keep up around here!

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Hello, when I see how people destroy nature, I would like to take them their toys away. When I saw the first 5 minutes, I had to stop the video! How can you waltz like a tank through such a sensible nature? Off road driving always destroys Nature. Stay on existing trails!
In Iceland you get serious trouble, if they catch you off road driving! Why are many 4x4 drivers destroying nature by senseless driving?

Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
Hello, when I see how people destroy nature, I would like to take them their toys away. When I saw the first 5 minutes, I had to stop the video! How can you waltz like a tank through such a sensible nature? Off road driving always destroys Nature. Stay on existing trails!
In Iceland you get serious trouble, if they catch you off road driving! Why are many 4x4 drivers destroying nature by senseless driving?
I am all for conservation, I am a long term member of green peace.
Australian national parks and indigenous land combined are slightly less than the size of Western Europe and driving on fauna in those areas is not done.
Is what you are referring to in Morocco a national park ?
Deserts tend to reshape with sand drifts over the hot summer months, he may have been reopening the road for the next season.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty.
Anyway your loss for not watching it.
I am sure your hart is in the right place.
Steve.

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
I am all for conservation, I am a long term member of green peace.
Australian national parks and indigenous land combined are slightly less than the size of Western Europe and driving on fauna in those areas is not done.
Is what you are referring to in Morocco a national park ?
Deserts tend to reshape with sand drifts over the hot summer months, he may have been reopening the road for the next season.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty.
Anyway your loss for not watching it.
I am sure your hart is in the right place.
Steve.
Hallo Steve, I don`t think you beliefe, that in desserts is no life. When you are sitting in a 4x4 you can not see this life. Deserts are very sensitive environments! Offroad driving causes much damage to this life! I missed a desert walk in Swakopmund/Namibia to learn and see more of the life in a desert. In Utah/USA you can learn a lot about the biological soilcrust in semi-/arid regions all over the world. If you drive over it, it takes many years/decades to recover.
But many 4x4 drivers don`t really care for Nature. To them Nature is a big playground for big boys with their big toys! I remember the big boys with their big toys very well in Moab/Utah, when my wife and I were jogging the world famous Slick Rock Trail. While we were jogging this beautiful trail, we where meeting several times the big boys in their 4x4 making noise and polluting the air and doing nothing for their health.

We never drive off road. We use our vehicles to drive to beautiful areas, go trail running, hiking or mountain biking and enjoy Nature. Thus we know the North American National Parks better than may be 98% of the North Americans and we are still much fitter than most North Americans( we are now 60 and 69). This summer we come back for 5 months with our Ford Transit Nugget( sadly not with our LR Defender, it`s not big enough to live 5 months in the car), to enjoy Nature in North America again.
In my opinion: North Amerika has the most beautiful NP`s in the world! But you have to be physically fit to see the beauty( Half Dome, bottom of Grand Canyon etc.).
Greetings Hans!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
These videos may have been linked already but I'm finding them very enjoyable. Good camera work, pleasant music, and a bit less of the histrionics that plague so many Youtube videos. The narration seems nice but I'm not conversant in French so I have no idea really. I'm not even bothering to have translated subtitles at the moment. Maybe the second time through. I'll just post the link to save on bandwidth.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu9ZmN7HwDQ
just post the YouTube link, the file stays on YouTube server and we get a window to watch on the forum thread ;)

it doesn't affect our bandwidth or server load.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Hallo Steve, I don`t think you beliefe, that in desserts is no life. When you are sitting in a 4x4 you can not see this life. Deserts are very sensitive environments! Offroad driving causes much damage to this life! I missed a desert walk in Swakopmund/Namibia to learn and see more of the life in a desert. In Utah/USA you can learn a lot about the biological soilcrust in semi-/arid regions all over the world. If you drive over it, it takes many years/decades to recover.
But many 4x4 drivers don`t really care for Nature. To them Nature is a big playground for big boys with their big toys! I remember the big boys with their big toys very well in Moab/Utah, when my wife and I were jogging the world famous Slick Rock Trail. While we were jogging this beautiful trail, we where meeting several times the big boys in their 4x4 making noise and polluting the air and doing nothing for their health.

We never drive off road. We use our vehicles to drive to beautiful areas, go trail running, hiking or mountain biking and enjoy Nature. Thus we know the North American National Parks better than may be 98% of the North Americans and we are still much fitter than most North Americans( we are now 60 and 69). This summer we come back for 5 months with our Ford Transit Nugget( sadly not with our LR Defender, it`s not big enough to live 5 months in the car), to enjoy Nature in North America again.
In my opinion: North Amerika has the most beautiful NP`s in the world! But you have to be physically fit to see the beauty( Half Dome, bottom of Grand Canyon etc.).
Greetings Hans!
It seems that we have to destroy nature to enjoy nature…

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Every neophyte soil biologist knows that when the domesticated goats show up the soil is already exhausted. Cattle are bad enough. Goats are the death blow. Tell that to the regions inhabitants. Or maybe people shouldn't live where you don't want them to?

Braydo

Production/Transit
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
I'm all for staying on the trail. But the commentary in that section of the video explains they were following/searching for an old trail. Trails are lost quickly in sandy environments, so it may not be as it first appears. I recently drove a trail in the Simpson that had not been driven in about 5 months, and at times it was already hard to track. There can also be legitimate reasons for driving across country. Perhaps it might be prudent to withhold judgement unless the facts are known.

Back
Top Bottom