The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Trade in quote lower than expected

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone received trade in quotes from their dealer? My quote is $2900 less than even KBB instant cash offer. This is quite surprising and caught me off guard. In my mind, taking money off a trade in quote is effectively the same as adding a markup.

I understand that I don't have to accept the offer. But if we are locked in to purchasing the Grenadier at a specific dealer then we would lose out on the tax savings if trading in or selling somewhere else. Overall it would be an annoying process.

Last edited:

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone received trade in quotes from their dealer? My quote is $2900 less than even KBB instant cash offer. This is quite surprising and caught me off guard.

I understand that I don't have to accept the offer. But if we are locked in to purchasing the Grenadier at a specific dealer then we would loose out on the tax savings if trading in or selling somewhere else. Overall it would be an annoying process.
They are probably awfully close to the KBB offer when you factor in the tax savings. That's why dealers offer lower than KBB.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They are probably awfully close to the KBB offer when you factor in the tax savings. That's why dealers offer lower than KBB.
The Kbb instant cash is already 4k less than the Kbb trade-in quote in "good" condition. And the dealers quote is significantly lower even with the tax savings.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which dealer?

While the dealers have their gentleman's agreement of MSRP, certain dealers are definitely taking liberties to maximize profit in other ways (ridiculously high doc fees, low trade in values, etc.)

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which dealer?

While the dealers have their gentleman's agreement of MSRP, certain dealers are definitely taking liberties to maximize profit in other ways (ridiculously high doc fees, low trade in values, etc.)

I am conflicted on if I should mention the dealers name. What is the forum etiquette regarding these situations? I am hoping this was all a misunderstanding or mistake since I still have to purchase the Grenadier from them.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I am conflicted on if I should mention the dealers name. What is the forum etiquette regarding these situations? I am hoping this was all a misunderstanding or mistake since I still have to purchase the Grenadier from them.
Trust me, you are in good hands. Thunder will rain down, from Mount Olympus.

Attachments

• IMG_8422.jpeg
    IMG_8422.jpeg
    805.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
I have gotten other offers from CarMax, etc and all have been lower than KBB etc from 6 months ago. Unfortunate but that's the economy right now. If the dealer can't make an offer that allows for tax savings I'll take the cash from someone else. Someone on here showed their dealer another offer and they came back with an improved deal. Don't be afraid to put in a little footwork that might help you in the long run. And if they don't work with you... Name and shame.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's totally up to you... With that being said, there's no reason the trade in shouldn't be negotiable

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have gotten other offers from CarMax, etc and all have been lower than KBB etc from 6 months ago. Unfortunate but that's the economy right now. If the dealer can't make an offer that allows for tax savings I'll take the cash from someone else. Someone on here showed their dealer another offer and they came back with an improved deal. Don't be afraid to put in a little footwork that might help you in the long run. And if they don't work with you... Name and shame.
Pro-tip, depending on what you are trading in, you might be inclined to wait until tax season, Q1 2024, as trade in values tend to increase by a few thousand, due to the annual tax-return time, surge in vehicle sales.

As others have mentioned, use Carvana, Vroom, other instant offers etc… as a resource. Any competent dealer will match/exceed their offer.

Back
Top Bottom