The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spotify Won't Play on Apple CarPlay

nickjaynes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Took delivery of my Grenadier today and Spotify won't play on CarPlay. Apple Music will. So will apps like NPR. But Spotify won't.

Hit the Play Arrow and it starts 'playing' but the track progress bar never appears. I have 'forgotten' the device a few times, restarted the phone, and installed a new iOS. Still nothing.

I discovered this sitting in the parking lot of my dealer and my salesperson shrugged, saying he'd not seen that before.

Spotify works flawlessly on CarPlay in my other rigs. So, I am scratching my head in confusion.

Is this happening to anyone else?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Try the mute button, if you mute the sound, Spotify will act this way.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
Took delivery of my Grenadier today and Spotify won't play on CarPlay. Apple Music will. So will apps like NPR. But Spotify won't.

Hit the Play Arrow and it starts 'playing' but the track progress bar never appears. I have 'forgotten' the device a few times, restarted the phone, and installed a new iOS. Still nothing.

I discovered this sitting in the parking lot of my dealer and my salesperson shrugged, saying he'd not seen that before.

Spotify works flawlessly on CarPlay in my other rigs. So, I am scratching my head in confusion.

Is this happening to anyone else?
I use iPhone 14 pro and it works perfectly, Regards

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Two months in and the dealer still cannot get my CarPlay to function. My phone connects otherwise - make/receive calls, and can even listen to Spotify (just not through the CarPlay screen).

I opened a case direct with IA yesterday, parallel to the dealers efforts. IA didn’t call me back yet. Given the dealers comments on trying to rectify issues in other vehicles, I suspect a software overhaul is needed.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Two months in and the dealer still cannot get my CarPlay to function. My phone connects otherwise - make/receive calls, and can even listen to Spotify (just not through the CarPlay screen).

I opened a case direct with IA yesterday, parallel to the dealers efforts. IA didn’t call me back yet. Given the dealers comments on trying to rectify issues in other vehicles, I suspect a software overhaul is needed.
Did you get your hitch yet? Maybe that software flash will remedy the situation.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you get your hitch yet? Maybe that software flash will remedy the situation.
Not yet. When they tried to reset the CarPlay they did not have the ability to flash for the trailer issue. I am hopeful they can both be resolved in one visit.

Last edited:

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah my audio seems buggy as well. Sometimes it either won't play Spotify or won't play Sirius/XM radio - it's mainly when I change my audio input from Spotify to Sirius/XM or back again. In most cases, I've found I can get it work if I switch the audio to FM radio for like 10 seconds, then back to Spotify or Sirius/XM. Also, I will frequently need to actually press "live" on Sirius /XM station or "play" on Spotify to actually get it to begin playing as well.

Back
Top Bottom