The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sleep in the back of the Grenadier?

Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Yeah I am only 5 ft 8 so not very tall! One thing the LR3 is good for is the extra space under the floor is you remove seats ! 

QUOTE username=Paachi userid=8372535 postid=1331882906]Oh wow! The LR3 surely seems like it has more interior height. But if 42" works for you in the LR3 then the Grenadier should work as well. My G-Wagen has 47-49"..so maybe I am a bit spoilt.

Ultimately it comes down to an individuals total height and torso height. I am 6' tall but have a longer torso..so I need the additional headroom if I want to sit up comfortably on a sleeping platform.[/QUOTE]

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, new here…first post. Great reading all the discussions while I back and forth on the configurator ?

I also miss the LR3, magnificent folding second seat and cargo bay design (6’ 2” and I slept very well in the back with the second seat row down).

While researching the IG cargo bay I stumbled across this pic of the 2 seater. Thought it may be of use to people here. Can be made nice and flat from the pic when second row has been removed. I do wonder if one has carpet if it impacts second row seat removal…but thats another matter.

Attachments

• 84535071-6FA4-460A-9463-33ED7FAFA6F4.jpeg
    84535071-6FA4-460A-9463-33ED7FAFA6F4.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 71

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I hope that my mini kitchen with bed will also find room in the Grenadier, which already accompanies me in the Defender on tours.

Attachments

• 4BD0E0F6-BA28-4393-A4FE-AEB98F7FCDA9.jpeg
    4BD0E0F6-BA28-4393-A4FE-AEB98F7FCDA9.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 62

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 PM
Reaction score
Great looking rig and setup you have there Cavaleiro ?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Javier  javcol userid=8882046 postid=1331782468]I read somewhere that phone navigation requires a link up with a cell tower. I may be wrong.[/QUOTE]You can just have maps predownloaded. Google maps lets you download whatever area you want.  The only thing I’d probably get is a GPS receiver. In our jet we use a Garmin Glo because it powers off USB, I can just toss it on the dash, and it can connect to GPS much easier than the iPads and iPhones can. Granted we’re at altitude in a jet going 450mph but the fact it locks onto sats so easily when the phones and iPads can’t tells me it’s much better.  But just google offline maps and google maps can download whatever regions you want. 

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Off.Grid userid=9016065 postid=1332982304]Hi all, new here…first post. Great reading all the discussions while I back and forth on the configurator
1f642.png

I also miss the LR3, magnificent folding second seat and cargo bay design (6’ 2” and I slept very well in the back with the second seat row down).

While researching the IG cargo bay I stumbled across this pic of the 2 seater. Thought it may be of use to people here. Can be made nice and flat from the pic when second row has been removed. I do wonder if one has carpet if it impacts second row seat removal…but thats another matter.

[/QUOTE]id really like them to make the fenders load bearing m. Would just drill through the top and bolt down a rack so could store things underneath then sleep on it.

Bjoern

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Cavaleiro userid=8998805 postid=1332982333]I hope that my mini kitchen with bed will also find room in the Grenadier, which already accompanies me in the Defender on tours.
Hi Cavaleiro, how long are you using the ququq-Solution already? Happy with it? Are you travelling with an additional  icebox somewhere in the defender or without? I really like the idea of the system and it would be great if you could share some of your experiences with it :)[/QUOTE]

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Glad to share with you my experience regarding the QUQUQ box @Bjoern. As I' m about to leave to France for a short weekend and concert, the cooler is in the car - quickly made pictures (car is still dirty from the last tour).

In advance already: I am thrilled, find the box well thought out and qualitatively very well manufactured. Processing was impeccable and in the middle of the pandemic I could load the box in Wuppertal. It is with a few handles within 5 minutes out of the car, if you need the space. 

I could imagine that if QUQUQ makes a box for the Grenadier maybe even the cooler can be integrated similar to the solution for the VW bus in the back. But I also like to have my cooler directly accessible behind the passenger seat and always cool drinks on the road ready. You can see in the picture here also the travel toilet and the space inside with folded bed.

For the bed in the unfolded position, the front seats must be folded forward, there is still space underneath and even with the cubby box heightened by the parking heater, it still fits well in terms of height. The bed is really better than initially feared, sleep extremely well on it, of course, you are then already quite close to the car roof, can no longer get to the cooler and climb into bed from behind. But it is absolutely good.

The kitchen is absolutely enough for me. Quickly a few noodles, vegetables, etc. Two water canisters, two tubs in a row and enough space for pot, pans and what you just need.

I didn't want a fixed installation, lift roof, etc. and am absolutely happy with it and find it a good compromise. With the walkable roof on which I then still take boxes, you get along well even a few weeks on tour.

Attachments

• IMG_0255 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0255 Small.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0256 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0256 Small.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0257 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0257 Small.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 61

Bjoern

Grenadier Owner