The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Service and Repair

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
A bit of nostalgia, was looking through the website in lieu of having my vehicle when I came across this gem.
We’re looking to expanding this network as we continue to aim for you to be within an hour/100 km of a fully accredited IAL workshop. So, servicing and repairs are never far away. Find your nearest workshop on the map below

So, where my Disco 2 came unstuck last week (we fixed it on the side of the track) was 920kms from the nearest "INEOS" centre on their map. Then I read about the "Flying Spanners" who will come out to keep you going. Mate, we were miles from any airstrip and the cost??
This is yet another disconnect between marketing and customer servicing at the company. The front end is so slick, but the rear is the customer service caravan in the back carpark. It is disappointing when we, as new and supportive upfront customers who have waited for so long and continue to accept appalling order process and tracking upgrades are treated almost with contempt.
The car is going to be everything I want. I want it to be everything they say.
It's just that the journey is killing me!!!

TTipton

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
A bit of nostalgia, was looking through the website in lieu of having my vehicle when I came across this gem.
We’re looking to expanding this network as we continue to aim for you to be within an hour/100 km of a fully accredited IAL workshop. So, servicing and repairs are never far away. Find your nearest workshop on the map below

So, where my Disco 2 came unstuck last week (we fixed it on the side of the track) was 920kms from the nearest "INEOS" centre on their map. Then I read about the "Flying Spanners" who will come out to keep you going. Mate, we were miles from any airstrip and the cost??
This is yet another disconnect between marketing and customer servicing at the company. The front end is so slick, but the rear is the customer service caravan in the back carpark. It is disappointing when we, as new and supportive upfront customers who have waited for so long and continue to accept appalling order process and tracking upgrades are treated almost with contempt.
Is it getting any better? I'm in NA and have a Grenadier on order. Thanks.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it getting any better? I'm in NA and have a Grenadier on order. Thanks.
Define getting better? There won't be an increase in official service centers/locations to have warranty work done until more dealers are added.

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, TTipton, I have my Grenadier Trailmaster and it is everything I thought it would be! So hang in there! The electrical system is not what we are used to in Australia and my truck is going in for a checkup as it is losing battery power in a few days standing.
I took it up to the Flinders Ranges in 43 degrees heat on some very rough tracks and it worked like a dream, ambling up scree slopes. Our local agent Adelaide Hills Motor Group is fantastic, but I really do not see how Ineos can guarantee the support they are spruiking in this vast land.

TTipton

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Hard to get real intel on service, but everything has a similar feel in that those taking delivery are trusting that sooner or later, new dealers will show up in the US. Leap of faith so to speak for a cool vehicle.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think it is more about other garages getting to know the Grenny and how to maintain fix it and the more widespread availability of parts for it. We already know the engine, gearbox and drivetrain should be quite widely known about but the other stuff ?

That’s the bit that you guys need in USA, Aus, South Africa etc. in the UK and I would expect Europe, we are never really that far from a dealer and/or a recovery truck, even off road I don’t think we are ever more than a few miles away from a sealed road.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score

Lots of noncontractual (marketing) promises broken. The car is strong but will break. They all do then we will be in trouble.

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think this is just like the manuals scenario. A lot of marketing hype about how accessible the vehicle manuals will be. Here we are a year after release and still no way of knowing how to repair your vehicle by the book. Being at the far end of the world, where this sort of vehicle is used for work and recreation in very remote terrain, we rely on the ability to self repair with limited facilities (or just an on board tool kit), so the manual is literally a matter of life or death in the middle of summer out on say the Anne Beadell track.
When the manuals are released I believe they are to be electronic with some sort of access code. They will need to be downloadable (at least in a simplified form) so they can be accessed without internet, as a lot of where I go has no signal. Can anyone shine the light on this aspect?
ps Its still a great truck!!
Here is mine, a base Trailmaster and next to it is Steve Butterworths, with bar and winch.
He has also changed the tyres and wheel to Yokohama Geolander 295/70 R17 with Black Rhino Rims.
Also added Yellowstone 6x130 81.4 bore 8"x 17" Eibach springs!

Attachments

• mar24 073.JPG
    mar24 073.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 21

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
I think this is just like the manuals scenario. A lot of marketing hype about how accessible the vehicle manuals will be. Here we are a year after release and still no way of knowing how to repair your vehicle by the book. Being at the far end of the world, where this sort of vehicle is used for work and recreation in very remote terrain, we rely on the ability to self repair with limited facilities (or just an on board tool kit), so the manual is literally a matter of life or death in the middle of summer out on say the Anne Beadell track.
When the manuals are released I believe they are to be electronic with some sort of access code. They will need to be downloadable (at least in a simplified form) so they can be accessed without internet, as a lot of where I go has no signal. Can anyone shine the light on this aspect?
ps Its still a great truck!!
Here is mine, a base Trailmaster and next to it is Steve Butterworths, with bar and winch.
He has also changed the tyres and wheel to Yokohama Geolander 295/70 R17 with Black Rhino Rims.
Also added Yellowstone 6x130 81.4 bore 8"x 17" Eibach springs!
Fear not re. instructions/workshop data! check out Clark Kent's post #121 https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/workshop-manuals-available.12411552/page-7#post-1333263557 including approaching the dealer for specific basic maintenance info..
The hold up is largely due to finalising and testing a suitable IT system/platform on which to house the information such that it's secure for dealers and owners alike.
(Then there's the language /translation requirements for the 43 (! )countries in which the Grenadier now has a presence due to the strong global demand.)
Justin Hocevar the Ineos Grenadier Asia-Pacific chief is expecting Q3/4 for basic maintenance info at least to be available to owners ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom