The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rust and wheelnuts

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
As the Winter (hopefully) draws to a close in the UK, my Grenadier with just over 13,000 miles and 11 months is suffering from dodgy wheelnuts and rusty sidesteps. Not good for a relatively new vehicle. Is this general?

Has anyone the same issue, I would expect these to be more robust.

IMG_3758.jpegIMG_3755.jpeg
Thanks

John

Reactions: Max

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
I bet your fuel tank bash plate also has rust and probably some chips on the rear diff too. I am not too impressed with the coating they used on the side steps and fuel tank bash plate so far. I also have one or two spots on the frame that I will be fixing. My driving conditions were not even bad either, probably a total of 10 hrs at high speed through salt covered roads. I do not have any issues with the lug nuts though.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
As the Winter (hopefully) draws to a close in the UK, my Grenadier with just over 13,000 miles and 11 months is suffering from dodgy wheelnuts and rusty sidesteps. Not good for a relatively new vehicle. Is this general?

Has anyone the same issue, I would expect these to be more robust.

View attachment 7848060View attachment 7848063
Thanks

John
Hi John...I have the same issue with the steps and have been told that they will replace them... I said that is good but what have they done to stop this happening again?...well they couldn't tell me but confirmed that Ineos are looking at righting the problem...I am not prepared to waste half a day having the same fitted...they have the issue noted...and now I am waiting. The agent has already replaced one set of the same...wrong!...have you contacted your agent?

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bet your fuel tank bash plate also has rust and probably some chips on the rear diff too. I am not too impressed with the coating they used on the side steps and fuel tank bash plate so far. I also have one or two spots on the frame that I will be fixing. My driving conditions were not even bad either, probably a total of 10 hrs at high speed through salt covered roads. I do not have any issues with the lug nuts though.
Thanks, Ineos seem good at resolving issues, hopefully they will come good on these problems!

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi John...I have the same issue with the steps and have been told that they will replace them... I said that is good but what have they done to stop this happening again?...well they couldn't tell me but confirmed that Ineos are looking at righting the problem...I am not prepared to waste half a day having the same fitted...they have the issue noted...and now I am waiting. The agent has already replaced one set of the same...wrong!...have you contacted your agent?
Thanks, Not contacted the dealer yet but I am sure that they will resolve these issues. The paint process needs to be much more robust!

Back
Top Bottom