The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Rear Tire Flip Kit - Anyone in Bend, OR?

gtank

Production/Transit
Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Hi All,

In a prior post I mentioned I’d reach out to 911 Motorsports to see if they’d be willing to make a rear tire flip kit as an option for the Grenadier. I had one of their kits on my G500 for years and it was really well made (picture of my old rig below).

They just got back to me and would consider it (possibly), but they’d need a vehicle to test fit on near their shop in Bend, Oregon.

Is anyone near Bend that has interest in helping out? I’m in Seattle, but Grenadier-less until likely March/April when my truck lands.

911 Motorsports Link:
View attachment 7839301

GTank

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Oooof $650 for a mount to flip the tire around?!?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
This doesn't flip the wheel/tire; just moves it to allow a larger tire to clear the small door
It's vague for sure, would be good to have some clarity on this point because they both serve the same purpose.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's vague for sure, would be good to have some clarity on this point because they both serve the same purpose.
It's not vague, there are photos of it on vehicles with the tire installed; it simply moves it to the side (and up a bit IIRC).

The OP is looking for one to simply flip the wheel/tire around to show off the wheel

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
It’s very clear it moves the wheel, it doesn’t flip it.

Local time
Reaction score
I'd rather have my wheel face protected, and the the advent of the storage bins was that simpleton sort of genius. I'm still wondering how I unclicked that option but kept the cigarette lighter.

look at that thing above. Why is it built like that? It's holding a 70 pound awheel, what the heck does all that cutting and welding achieve other than a place for dirt to sit? For something like this, I don't know why people don't just stop by a fab shop when they drive by. All you need to do is toss the fella 3 studs and they can weld two plates onto a 3" diameter piece of tube. You'll be out the door in 45 minutes' and one can of rustolium later you're done.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
Its probably easier to get the lugs off when its rear facing.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
Why do you want to increase unnecessarily the "moment" (leverage) of a 40kg wheel and tyre and magnify the forces already acting on the aluminium extrusion under the door skin, and which provides door strength.... (sorry...seems a typical case of "form before function" 😎 )

Reactions: S52

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd rather have my wheel face protected, and the the advent of the storage bins was that simpleton sort of genius. I'm still wondering how I unclicked that option but kept the cigarette lighter.

look at that thing above. Why is it built like that? It's holding a 70 pound awheel, what the heck does all that cutting and welding achieve other than a place for dirt to sit? For something like this, I don't know why people don't just stop by a fab shop when they drive by. All you need to do is toss the fella 3 studs and they can weld two plates onto a 3" diameter piece of tube. You'll be out the door in 45 minutes' and one can of rustolium later you're done.

Same. Although I didn't click the cigarette lighter I missed the ladder, load space rails and tire storage.

Back
Top Bottom