The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On hold.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
I feel like the calm before the storm right now just waiting for the first demonstrator to turn up, It will resemble the film Zulu with me at one end of the racecourse whilst hundreds run down the track to me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I hope you've had your oppo, Miles, out fixing the ranging sticks?

Just don't let him find out what happened to the drummer boys at Isandlwana. 😳

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
Just received this email - "rolling of the production line" but still no contracts:-

A landmark moment. Another major milestone. And music to all our ears. Despite the delay caused by global supply issues we told you about recently, we’ve started series production of our rugged 4X4.

That’s right. Grenadiers are now rolling off the production line at our facility, in Hambach. All thanks to the hard work and dedication of the INEOS Automotive team, our development partners, and our suppliers – plus your continued belief in and support of the project, of course.

It’s been quite the journey since we started out in 2017. Now the time has come, we can’t wait to get you behind the wheel of your Grenadier.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just received this email - "rolling of the production line" but still no contracts:-

A landmark moment. Another major milestone. And music to all our ears. Despite the delay caused by global supply issues we told you about recently, we’ve started series production of our rugged 4X4.

That’s right. Grenadiers are now rolling off the production line at our facility, in Hambach. All thanks to the hard work and dedication of the INEOS Automotive team, our development partners, and our suppliers – plus your continued belief in and support of the project, of course.

It’s been quite the journey since we started out in 2017. Now the time has come, we can’t wait to get you behind the wheel of your Grenadier.
This is an advertising email apparently sent out to everybody who expressed interest (not only reservation holders) ...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
👍

Screenshot_20221019_162344.jpg

The "LEARN MORE" button just links to the website homepage and does not give any more detail on orders, etc.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
I haven't felt this way since I waited for Christmas sixty years ago.

Normally, I'm rather stoic when it comes to waiting. But this time it's different. And I think it's because of the uncertainty of when 'it will happen"

If I knew, "The contract is coming on February 1st," that wouldn't be a problem. Waiting a year wouldn't be nice, but I would just wait. But now I find myself checking my Ineos account every day and checking my spam folder more often than usual.

I enter my workshop and play with the tools I have for woodworking - like I'm going to start building interior parts this afternoon.

It's a strange experience.

What's it like for you?
Oh jeez, I’ve been stockpiling accessories like a squirrel storing nuts.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
prey tell what accessories? Might give me some ideas :)
Twin cylinder air compressor; UHF radio; antennas and mounts; drawers; drawer fridge; hydraulic hi-lift jack; solar blanket; shovel mounts… yet to come is remote data comms (leaning towards Starlink over omninetwork cell booster) and roof kit, which I’ll hold off on until delivery.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice list. What make is the air compressor you've gone for?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What drawers and drawer fridge did you go with?
I’m recycling a set of Frontrunner drawers that I had in the back of the Disco. These should fit neatly between the tie down rails in the rear load area. They’ll need new side panels etc which shouldn’t be an issue to knock up. Fridge is the Evakool 40L. Plan A will be to mount it on top of the drawers presuming there’s no fouling with the rear door table. If there is indeed conflict then it’s back to the drawing board on both. I may take the angle grinder/welder to the Frontrunner drawers chassis and mount the fridge in it.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very nice list. What make is the air compressor you've gone for?
ARB. We used the portable single cylinder version and ARB plug kit on our RTW and it was a champion. 20 minute on-the-vehicle plug and reinflate as the sun was slipping below the horizon in the Zagros Mountains in Iran, where security was uncertain. Twin selected for the IG as we’ll need to do some convoys and after the above exercise I like to be able to do a quick air up/down if necessary.

Which reminds me, I have an Indeflate on order for the same purpose.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
ARB. We used the portable single cylinder version and ARB plug kit on our RTW and it was a champion. 20 minute on-the-vehicle plug and reinflate as the sun was slipping below the horizon in the Zagros Mountains in Iran, where security was uncertain. Twin selected for the IG as we’ll need to do some convoys and after the above exercise I like to be able to do a quick air up/down if necessary.

Which reminds me, I have an Indeflate on order for the same purpose.
I have the indeflate. Awesome piece of kit!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't felt this way since I waited for Christmas sixty years ago.

Normally, I'm rather stoic when it comes to waiting. But this time it's different. And I think it's because of the uncertainty of when 'it will happen"

If I knew, "The contract is coming on February 1st," that wouldn't be a problem. Waiting a year wouldn't be nice, but I would just wait. But now I find myself checking my Ineos account every day and checking my spam folder more often than usual.

I enter my workshop and play with the tools I have for woodworking - like I'm going to start building interior parts this afternoon.

It's a strange experience.

What's it like for you?
It is quite funny, I am checking my account very often too, for me the acquisition of the Grenadier is my own "retirement" present. I can afford it, but it is not peanuts compared to the money I have. And I love to drive on dirty roads and do some camping (no hunting!). I am also already thinking how I could build myself some interior stuff.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I log in once a day in hope, but nothing yet.

However I did contact my insurer this morning to see if they have the Grenadier listed as an insurable vehicle and it still has not been listed on the national insurers database?

Is Jim going to set up an insurance company as part of the project? Am I going to get £65 K of Trialmaster for Christmas that I cannot use on the road due to lack of car insurance. Quite worrying really and something Grenadier seems to be overlooking. It will look nice on my driveway though!
Did you check Adrian Flux? My quote came in around £720.00. More than I expect but affordable.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi mate,
Yes I did but must admit it was a bust. First quote was £1050 with 10000miles PA, second was £900 with 5000 miles PA.
What a joke, told them another member had been quoted £700 but didn't seem bothered.
Considering I am 68, spotless no-claims history and licence, told them half the price would be acceptable. Mind you I didn't mention a tracker or anything and it will be kept on my driveway.
How does that compare with you?

Back
Top Bottom