The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Observations re: "Limey"

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Still looking for a name that sticks for the Gren.
Thought of "Limey" yesterday as suitable for a green British vehicle.
I hope it's not too offensive to Brits. I guess it's usually used as a pejorative, but I'm not using it as such. More a term of endearment.
I liked "The Fever" for "La Fee Verte" (The Green Fairy); but my daughter didn't like it. (yes, I like absinthe)

Anyway, a few observations I've not heard from anyone else:

Anyone else notice the cruise control +/- buttons change speed in increments of kph?
Takes 16 clicks to change speed 10mph.

I haven't heard anyone else mention the automatic braking when slowing to a stop. This one actually irritates me considerably.
When trying to ease to a stop very gradually; below a very slow speed, the car applies the brake and brings the vehicle to a jerky stop. Can't make a smooth gradual stop.
Also, if I try to very gently creep forward gradually, the car remains stopped as I slowly release the brake until a certain point at which the car releases its hold on the binders and movement starts.
If you try to smoothly creep very slowly forward, it's impossible. You enter a cycle of jerking forward an jerking to a stop instead. I tried it with the handbrake instead of footbrake with the same results.

The recirculation button resets to off (fresh air) with each ignition cycle.

The starter won't engage until the car has booted up past a certain point.
If I follow my normal vehicle starting procedure of inserting the key and rotating it immediately all the way clockwise, it won't start.
I have to deliberately hesitate before twisting all the way to the start position.

I'll think of some more later.

Back
Top Bottom