The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New member here with question

2024MagicM

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
New member here guys from the USA!
My Trialmaster is set for June 2024 - hopefully the sooner the better.
The US Grenadiers should start arriving next month.
Question: I’ve noticed recently that the front steering bar that used to hang pretty low is mounted a little now. The Trialmaster that I test drove a few weeks ago looked like it was also mounted higher. Did Ineos move the bar higher after all the complaints about it?

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
New member here guys from the USA!
My Trialmaster is set for June 2024 - hopefully the sooner the better.
The US Grenadiers should start arriving next month.
Question: I’ve noticed recently that the front steering bar that used to hang pretty low is mounted a little now. The Trialmaster that I test drove a few weeks ago looked like it was also mounted higher. Did Ineos move the bar higher after all the complaints about it?
There arent any known changes in the metal from the production cars, but could be slightly different from pto prototypes…
left hand drives have the steering damper mounted better than rhd, maybe you are thinking of that?

2024MagicM

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
There arent any known changes in the metal from the production cars, but could be slightly different from pto prototypes…
left hand drives have the steering damper mounted better than rhd, maybe you are thinking of that?
Thanks for the quick response James.

Yes. I am mainly noticing it on the LHD models online, plus the one I personally test drove and crawled underneath to look at it was a LHD model being in the USA. You may be right that the LHD models with the steering damper mounted on the passenger side are a bit higher than the RHD ones. The one I drove and looked at didn’t seem to hang too low and was something that that I could live with and not complain about.
Cheers!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score

Yes. I am mainly noticing it on the LHD models online, plus the one I personally test drove and crawled underneath to look at it was a LHD model being in the USA. You may be right that the LHD models with the steering damper mounted on the passenger side are a bit higher than the RHD ones. The one I drove and looked at didn’t seem to hang too low and was something that that I could live with and not complain about.
Cheers!
Yes major difference between location of steering damper between RHD and LHD. Much better on LHD.

2024MagicM

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yes major difference between location of steering damper between RHD and LHD. Much better on LHD.
Yes. The LHD damper I personally saw barely poked below the front axle.
Thanks Andrew for the great info!
I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score

Cheers!
Hi @2024MagicM here is a photo of my Grenadier. I've raised it to eye level on the lift so you can see the position of the damper in relation to the axle and stabiliser.

Attachments

• IMG_2260.png
    IMG_2260.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 57

2024MagicM

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @2024MagicM here is a photo of my Grenadier. I've raised it to eye level on the lift so you can see the position of the damper in relation to the axle and stabiliser.
Your Grenadier is a LHD model right?
This is exactly the location of the store
Your Grenadier must be a LHD model right?
This is exactly the location of the damper of the LHD model I drove and looked at.
And yes it is definitely mounted higher than the RHD models I’ve seen online.
Thanks for the great pic!

Reactions: Max

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Your Grenadier is a LHD model right?
This is exactly the location of the store

Your Grenadier must be a LHD model right?
This is exactly the location of the damper of the LHD model I drove and looked at.
And yes it is definitely mounted higher than the RHD models I’ve seen online.
Thanks for the great pic!
Yes, it is.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
They mounted it lower on the RHD vehicles because...

They know that people from RHD countries are better drivers and can overcome the issue easier.

:p🎣

Back
Top Bottom