The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New member from east-westfalian

Maulwurf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Dear community, my name is Franz and I come from eastern Westphalia in Germany. Two years ago, I had paid a reservation fee for a Grenadier, but after an unpleasant test drive (prototype status, dealer) I quickly claimed my money back and received it. I drove the new Defender for 2 years, I found the engine (D240) a disaster and was happy to be able to sell the car well. And at the beginning of this week I saw a Grenadier, demonstrator, standing in green at a dealer. More equipment than I would have chosen. Fieldmaster, full house, 17" ATs, good price and immediately available. Now he's with me and I'm just looking forward to it and about it. He will spare my Defender 90 TD4 softtop, as well as complement other vehicles.

I'm happy to be here.

Greetings

Franz

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Dear community, my name is Franz and I come from eastern Westphalia in Germany. Two years ago, I had paid a reservation fee for a Grenadier, but after an unpleasant test drive (prototype status, dealer) I quickly claimed my money back and received it. I drove the new Defender for 2 years, I found the engine (D240) a disaster and was happy to be able to sell the car well. And at the beginning of this week I saw a Grenadier, demonstrator, standing in green at a dealer. More equipment than I would have chosen. Fieldmaster, full house, 17" ATs, good price and immediately available. Now he's with me and I'm just looking forward to it and about it. He will spare my Defender 90 TD4 softtop, as well as complement other vehicles.

I'm happy to be here.

Greetings

Franz
Hi Franz, Welcome to the Grenadier Forum. Like yourself, I have owned a new Defender for the last couple years. Mine has the P400 petrol engine. I have really enjoyed the outstanding performance. It was only 3 months after I purchased my First Edition model in 2020 that I heard about and saw the Grenadier prototype. My immediate reaction was, that's what Land Rover should have done! I, like many forum members put down a reservation and pre-ordered one. I have test driven a prototype off-road and most recently on-road at my dealer in Pasadena, California. I am sure you will agree after owning a New Defender, that the Grenadier is a completely different vehicle and driving experience. My Grenadier will be arriving in April 2024. Congratulations on taking delivery of yours. We are are now heading down the adventure road of being a new Grenadier owner with miles of smiles.
DaBull

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I'm happy to be here.

Greetings

Franz
A warm Welcome from Bielefeld! I am curious to meet you somewhere on the streets of Ostwestfalen! It'll be easy for you to spot me as my Grenadier is one of the few red ones (Fieldmaster with black roof).
Where for do you use7need your Grenadier? green sounds like hunting...

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still have a couple of relation to East Westphalia, lived in Paderborn for quite a while. Also a very warm welcome to the Ineos Forum, happy miles with your Grenadier.

Maulwurf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the nice welcome!

@DaBull I would have liked to have had the P400 and ordered it originally. But the dealer has "forgotten" the order. Then I switched to a pre-ordered vehicle and could still configure according to my wishes - except for the engine. Overall, the New Defender was a really great car. In terms of off-road skill, he was in no way inferior to my previously driven G500. But the engine... But the biggest problem was that the nearest GOOD dealer was 80 km away. That's too far for a land rover.

@bemax Thank you very much for your welcome and warm greetings to the neighbourhood. I will stop my eyes for a red grenadier. The suspected connection regarding the colour is true.

And also @klarie thank you very much! I will have the happy miles or kilometres and already had some 1000 in the last week.

Everything is going very well, and I am very happy with the petrol engine. I find the doors very annoying. The driver's door only closes after many attempts and with painful violence, and with the other doors the pushers get stuck. I couldn't achieve much with WD40 yet. But the workshop or the seller will pick up the car in the next few days, then hopefully this will be fixed. Otherwise, despite initial doubts about the car after the presentation, I am very satisfied. The only wish for improvement: A head-up module above the steering wheel, installed in the storage tray in front of the steering wheel. The speedometer in the centre is a bit exhausting for wearers of glasses with progressive vision.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the nice welcome!

@DaBull I would have liked to have had the P400 and ordered it originally. But the dealer has "forgotten" the order. Then I switched to a pre-ordered vehicle and could still configure according to my wishes - except for the engine. Overall, the New Defender was a really great car. In terms of off-road skill, he was in no way inferior to my previously driven G500. But the engine... But the biggest problem was that the nearest GOOD dealer was 80 km away. That's too far for a land rover.

@bemax Thank you very much for your welcome and warm greetings to the neighbourhood. I will stop my eyes for a red grenadier. The suspected connection regarding the colour is true.

And also @klarie thank you very much! I will have the happy miles or kilometres and already had some 1000 in the last week.

Everything is going very well, and I am very happy with the petrol engine. I find the doors very annoying. The driver's door only closes after many attempts and with painful violence, and with the other doors the pushers get stuck. I couldn't achieve much with WD40 yet. But the workshop or the seller will pick up the car in the next few days, then hopefully this will be fixed. Otherwise, despite initial doubts about the car after the presentation, I am very satisfied. The only wish for improvement: A head-up module above the steering wheel, installed in the storage tray in front of the steering wheel. The speedometer in the centre is a bit exhausting for wearers of glasses with progressive vision.
I am in the very same situation.. I wear progressive vision glasses too, but the zones for close and intermediate distances fit.. reading speed is okay, map view is a bit of topic.. Hm I used ceramic fluid for the door pushers. And mechanic.. the stuff I use is called flunatec and works in very cold and hot conditions. Primary it is intended for firearms. But it’s working nice on Grenadier. but only if degreased first.

Maulwurf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I'll try that. I was unable to locate the problem with the driver's door. It closes normally when I throw it from the outside. Only if I pull from the inside do I have to repeat several times in 9 out of 10 cases. The spirit of the old defender lives on: something is always, but never something bad...

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
the advantage of Fluna is is just ceramic and I use it with all my guns. it acts like tiny roller balls and invisible.. no teflon and no fluoride or poisonous substances.. runs on Blaser and Glock so why not on Grenadier.. if you do not have used any fatty substances you may spray it around the knob. It looks a bit white initially but that disappears. it is also not aggressive to plastic. If there however fatty grease you have to remove this first. But that is the difficult thingie finding a degreaser that is not harmful.

Maulwurf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok- we have a problem: I used wd40 very generously...

Maulwurf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just looked at the Fluna products - very interesting! And with Blaser and Glock, we are not dissimilar... ;)

Back
Top Bottom