The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland lnsurance

Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
Over on the Land Rover forum some people are getting much higher insurance quotes when renewing in the past few months.
l've also seen this on the Lotus forum.

What kind of quotes are people getting for the Grenadier at the moment?

Last years insurance on my Defender was £300 but l've been testing the market this week and am getting quotes of over £1,000

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Over on the Land Rover forum some people are getting much higher insurance quotes when renewing in the past few months.
l've also seen this on the Lotus forum.

What kind of quotes are people getting for the Grenadier at the moment?

Last years insurance on my Defender was £300 but l've been testing the market this week and am getting quotes of over £1,000
Here in Australia it is common to get new for old replacement for the first year or two.
That means that although my Grenadier only cost AUD$121K to replace it with the same spec would cost ASUD$148K
So the insurance company has to take that into account

Local time
Reaction score
Surprised at the lack of replies. Anyone else insured a Grenadier recently. How did you get on?
Could be the thing that tips the balance in favour of the Grenadier. A customer of mine had to sell her Defender last month after her insurance went from £700 to £3,000

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Surprised at the lack of replies. Anyone else insured a Grenadier recently. How did you get on?
Could be the thing that tips the balance in favour of the Grenadier. A customer of mine had to sell her Defender last month after her insurance went from £700 to £3,000
There is another thread on UK insurance on a local area thread, https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/uk-insurance.12412524/.
Mine is insured through Admiral as a van for £666, (20/04/2023). I hoping NFU will have some experience of Grenadiers by renewal so I can go back to them. All insurers seem to have issues with JLR products in urban areas; high unit cost and too easy to steal.

Local time
Reaction score
Well that sounds like good news at least for Grenadier owners.

l am having issues insuring my Defender Commercial because it's actually a "panel van" and a lot of insurance companies don't seem to like vans that are worth more than £50,000.

Plus it's a Land Rover which seems to be a swear word at the moment with insurers.

Back
Top Bottom