The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Light bar

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Hi I inadvertently didn’t click options for wiring loom upgrade and high amp switch bank but will want a light bar and possibly a winch in the future

INEOS call centre less than helpful - wondered how easy these are to upgrade and retrofit?

Thanks all

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi I inadvertently didn’t click options for wiring loom upgrade and high amp switch bank but will want a light bar and possibly a winch in the future

INEOS call centre less than helpful - wondered how easy these are to upgrade and retrofit?

Thanks all
Talk to your dealer
If your configuration hasn't been finalised and contract not signed then the dealer can change it.
It can't be added after the vehicle is built.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi thanks but contract signed unfortunately and if built I assume there are companies out there that could upgrade loom and fit bar ?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You can fit a light bar and winch without the INEOS wiring in place. Only thing is the switches etc won't be integrated as nicely, but you'll save a bit of money.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, that what I guessed just like my old defender - would have thought the agent could do this as an after service and retrofit using INEOS switch system etc that was my hope

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, that what I guessed just like my old defender - would have thought the agent could do this as an after service and retrofit using INEOS switch system etc that was my hope
Feeding the wiring loom in is the issue as it contains some large cable groups.
Any auto electrician can wire up what you want and put switches up top.
The Austrian driver from Ineos said in a very early video that there are 3 things that have to be ordered when getting the vehicle built if you want them,
Safari windows
Diff locks
High load wiring

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave - missed that early thread so if I can source the INEOS overhead switch bank and then get an auto electrician to trace the wires it seems the best option?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave - missed that early thread so if I can source the INEOS overhead switch bank and then get an auto electrician to trace the wires it seems the best option?
You don't even need the original switches unless you want the look.
Your auto electrician will be able to supply suitable ones at a quarter of the price.
I would get extra put in and wired up at the same time for future use

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
I'm guessing that you will have difficulty getting a hold of the IA parts, but third-party switches might be usable.

Local time
Reaction score
All re- assuring thanks to all for quick feedback - vehicle supposedly built and hopefully delivered to agent in the next few weeks - will speak with them also as they may have reliable auto electrians to help before I get hold of it

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm guessing that you will have difficulty getting a hold of the IA parts, but third-party switches might be usable.
IA wired the safari vehicle up with a bank of non-Ineos switches...

AWo

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
You can fit a light bar and winch without the INEOS wiring in place. Only thing is the switches etc won't be integrated as nicely, but you'll save a bit of money.
If you don't want to cut through your dashboard for a switch you can look for Bluetooth or Remote Switches. Especially if you have more to switch than only a single light. They exist in all flavourse, like the Garmin Power Switch with six channels which can be switched via Bluetooth and manually up to smart switches, where you can program a lot of fancy stuff and functions and which also work as a programmable fuse. You can feed them with many signals and process them to get functions realised.

AWo

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you don't want to cut through your dashboard for a switch you can look for Bluetooth or Remote Switches. Especially if you have more to switch than only a single light. They exist in all flavourse, like the Garmin Power Switch with six channels which can be switched via Bluetooth and manually up to smart switches, where you can program a lot of fancy stuff and functions and which also work as a programmable fuse. You can feed them with many signals and process them to get functions realised.

AWo

Sounds very interesting, will google. Have you a good link also?

EDIT: Found it: https://www.garmin.com/gb-GB/p/718849

AWo

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
For the Garmin yes, but that would maybe not be forum compliant as it would be my own shop. However, you could check at Garmin. For the other switch use "smart switch" to look for it at Google.

But I couldn't find the one I have seen...but I continue searching....

AWo

Back
Top Bottom