The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

LeTech: EXCITING!

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
Yes, just a matter of removing rubber plugs on original ladder, then undoing screws and removing it.
LeTech ladder supplied with 3 small and one large spacer. Large spacer goes in lower RH door orifice, small spacer lower LH, and other 2 spacers in mid orifices.
The best thing to do is then start the screws in their threads but leave all loose until they are started - long screw lower RH, mid length screws lower LH and mid, and small screws in upper orifices. These suppled screws have Allan Key heads.
That’s all there is to it.
Bobby Mac, it looks like the factory ladder screws are six point star heads. The supplied tool kit has a star head but it doesn’t seem long enoug. Did you use the one in the tool kit?

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Bobby Mac, it looks like the factory ladder screws are six point star heads. The supplied tool kit has a star head but it doesn’t seem long enoug. Did you use the one in the tool kit?
No, I used tools from my own kit - to be truthful I’ve never opened the supplied tool kit!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
My LeTech ladder arrived today - yet to try what Jerrycans will fit best.
View attachment 7832814
I think you need to flip the strap as shown below.

img-20230613-wa0006-jpg.7818651

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Cool stuff, but we really need US distribution and manufacturing to be practical cost wise. The ladder is awesome, but 2K is a bit steep. The portals are the sexiest thing I have ever seen, but never going to happen for the majority of us. At some point a large number of us will be running 35-37" tires years down the road as a large majority of US trails are extremely hard to do with anything smaller and we need practical solutions, not something cool that no one can afford. We need 2.5-3" of lift and anything that goes with it so we can fit the tires and then we need gear options. Ineos could help here in working with the axle and t/case suppliers to make sure they deliver the upgrades we need. I really think the entire platform lends itself to modifications and we will see these parts in the next couple of years.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to figure the strap out from both photos. I can't really tell what it is supposed to clip to?
I think it is supposed to clip over the centre “handle” on Jerry cans where they have three across the top. Mine only have a single “handle” and I found the clip slips off it, so I made up a flexible stainless steel wire loop that goes around the handle and engages with the clip. It works well, is as secure as anything can be, and should be adaptable to all types.
I would post a photo but unfortunately away from the vehicle for a week, but can do so when I get back if it helps.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Fitted the flip number plate bumper from Le Tech. Seems a bit more flimsy than I was expecting. Had assumed it would be metal but guess due to regs it cannot be. Works well. Total cost was eur429.51 plus uk tax of gbp97.91

Can't say it's value for money but as I say it's fit for purpose.
Hello @ECrider, how did you install this? I'm planning to make a hinged solution myself (from the existing license plate holder) but I don't know how to dismantle the plastic bumper to make screw holes. Are there instructions? Has anyone in the forum ever removed the front bumper or, in Europe, the plastic part?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello @ECrider, how did you install this? I'm planning to make a hinged solution myself (from the existing license plate holder) but I don't know how to dismantle the plastic bumper to make screw holes. Are there instructions? Has anyone in the forum ever removed the front bumper or, in Europe, the plastic part?
Hi Barney. There were some instructions but you don't need them. Two screws in the top part of the central bumper that covers the winch. They locate into a simple piece of pressed metal. There are a few 'tongues' top and bottom that fit into slots. It's like for like replacement really. If you mean taking all the bumper off then I have not had to do that yet.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to figure the strap out from both photos. I can't really tell what it is supposed to clip to?
I think it is supposed to clip over the centre “handle” on Jerry cans where they have three across the top. Mine only have a single “handle” and I found the clip slips off it, so I made up a flexible stainless steel wire loop that goes around the handle and engages with the clip. It works well, is as secure as anything can be, and should be adaptable to all types.

Attachments

• IMG_6662.jpeg
    IMG_6662.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom