The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Le Monde "Le Merde?"

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
'massive' and 'ultra polluting' - baaaaf. Don't agree with either of those.

It depends how you see it:
  • it is a big car, quite bigger than most other cars on the streets, therefore massive.
  • my petrol car is consuming 15l/100 km. Even if it is a modern BMW motor, highest standards, 15l/100 km is polluting twice as much as a modern car consuming only 7.5 l/100 km.
Therefore, I can't deny the statements!

Let's say that I only don't agree with the word "ultra".

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
I think on French Nuclear Energy and perhaps also German Coal :devilish:
It's possibly to get heaps of green power , but in doing so you destroy wilderness.
In Tasmania...

Attachments

• Gordon-River-Dam.jpg
    Gordon-River-Dam.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 21

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
'massive' and 'ultra polluting' - baaaaf. Don't agree with either of those.

Commenting this w/o becoming political is stay within the rules of the forum will be challenging.

According to German Wikipedia Le Monde is a left-liberal mainstream and "opinion driver"
So far.
To me this is just a view through a tunnel - one opinion from a very special ankle.
The mainstream and fashion today is no CO2, go electric .. - anything that has an opposite or critical opinion is rejected.
Le Monde is mainstream - what they do deliberately do not see - is the term of Ineos built for purpose.
The vehicle was never meant as vehicle for general application, to use like a Citroen 2 CV, a Volkswagen Golf/Rabbit or Passat, Mercedes Benz something class. If there is a new super sportsvehicle from Koenigsegg, - Lamborghini etc is about to be released they perhaps don't care because its a vehicle for 2 perhaps 3 digit number of customers, and they also produce "electrics"
Back to purpose - reasoning Le Monde - they have the very same mainstream view "yet another" SUV what Grenadier certainly is not.
The Grenadier serves a purpose that vehicles that currently in fashion and considered "as environmentally" low / no pollution for the time being and in a near future cannot fulfil.
So massive / ultra pollution - so what - indeed and how does a Grenadier pollute not distinguishing between Diesel and Petrol / Gasoline
The main exhaust is steam / water vapoured, - NOx is near Zero, some carbon, a bit of carbon monoxide (what indeed poisonous) and Carbon Dioxide. The last is something everybody does a hype about - but in fact its "fashion". Won't discuss this - we all know what are the real effects of CO2 are .. - and prohibiting emission of any CO2 in entire continental Europe would not reduce the 443ppm content in the air. So what Le monde does is petting the guilty conscience of those who like the vehicle or electric drivers learning on certain disadvantages of their vehicles.. yeah I do something for the environment.
So at the end Le monde is permitted to express this opinion. And I consider it as just an opinion. Those in France, and french speaking areas that are considering the Grenadier objective - even not a customer candidate will know - small set of purchasers, - not a mall crawler, and addressing a niche market. So what? The number of Grenadiers world wide will not affect anything. The ones that are ideologists anyway - if that article exists or not..

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Commenting this w/o becoming political is stay within the rules of the forum will be challenging.

According to German Wikipedia Le Monde is a left-liberal mainstream and "opinion driver"
So far.
To me this is just a view through a tunnel - one opinion from a very special ankle.
The mainstream and fashion today is no CO2, go electric .. - anything that has an opposite or critical opinion is rejected.
Le Monde is mainstream - what they do deliberately do not see - is the term of Ineos built for purpose.
The vehicle was never meant as vehicle for general application, to use like a Citroen 2 CV, a Volkswagen Golf/Rabbit or Passat, Mercedes Benz something class. If there is a new super sportsvehicle from Koenigsegg, - Lamborghini etc is about to be released they perhaps don't care because its a vehicle for 2 perhaps 3 digit number of customers, and they also produce "electrics"
Back to purpose - reasoning Le Monde - they have the very same mainstream view "yet another" SUV what Grenadier certainly is not.
The Grenadier serves a purpose that vehicles that currently in fashion and considered "as environmentally" low / no pollution for the time being and in a near future cannot fulfil.
So massive / ultra pollution - so what - indeed and how does a Grenadier pollute not distinguishing between Diesel and Petrol / Gasoline
The main exhaust is steam / water vapoured, - NOx is near Zero, some carbon, a bit of carbon monoxide (what indeed poisonous) and Carbon Dioxide. The last is something everybody does a hype about - but in fact its "fashion". Won't discuss this - we all know what are the real effects of CO2 are .. - and prohibiting emission of any CO2 in entire continental Europe would not reduce the 443ppm content in the air. So what Le monde does is petting the guilty conscience of those who like the vehicle or electric drivers learning on certain disadvantages of their vehicles.. yeah I do something for the environment.
So at the end Le monde is permitted to express this opinion. And I consider it as just an opinion. Those in France, and french speaking areas that are considering the Grenadier objective - even not a customer candidate will know - small set of purchasers, - not a mall crawler, and addressing a niche market. So what? The number of Grenadiers world wide will not affect anything. The ones that are ideologists anyway - if that article exists or not..
After my visit at the factory in Hambach end of June, the same afternoon, I visited an old glass making factory in the region, transformed in a museum.
Why? Because some of my ancestors were glass makers and passed in the region!
The guide happened to be an ancestor of one of my glassmakers ancestors too, therefore a "cousin". We didn't know each other.
He asked me what I was doing in the region.
I told him I visited a car factory in Hambach.
He said: "the Ineos Grenadier plant?"
I asked: "you seem to know the car?"
He said: "You know, when Mercedes decided to close the factory, this was a drama for the region. Therefore when Ineos said it would build a new car here, we all were glad about it!"

Le Monde should be aware of this too!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Headline grabbing shite is my opinion on that.

Unfortunately not everyone can drive round in a Nissan Leaf EV.

I know nothing about, but I would ask what cars their Execs use and how often they use airlines etc.

I might have just purchased a car that is single handedly destroying the planet, but I actually don’t do many miles at all and I would argue that it will still be going strong (I hope) long after the author and their buddies are looking at replacement battery costs for the “green vehicle”. We all know that doesn’t leave much of a carbon footprint at all.

For every article like that, someone can write a similar one around some of the ideologies of their thoughts on what vehicle people should drive.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After my visit at the factory in Hambach end of June, the same afternoon, I visited an old glass making factory in the region, transformed in a museum.
The guide happened to be an ancestor of one of my glassmakers ancestors too, therefore a "cousin". We didn't know each other.
He said: "You know, when Mercedes decided to close the factory, this was a drama for the region. Therefore when Ineos said it would build a new car here, we all were glad about it!"

Jean, that for sure was not considered in the Le Monde.. the social aspect of creating employment. Because it is dirty employment. Workers creating dirty cars. In the past there were dirty jobs all required such as the knacker, the executioner, tanner anything .. not honourful work.
but the taxes paid by Ineos, it’s workers and it’s customers are very welcome in particular to subsidize industries that perhaps never can make profit But look clean and green

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Don’t forget all the ancillary companies in that area who are also benefiting.

Would an electric 4x4 have axles ? However they are not made locally I believe.

Local time
Reaction score

Hello Jean. Nice to see you had a food time after the factory tour.
2000 people working in Hambach were glad too when Ineos bought the factory. And families.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Jean. Nice to see you had a food time after the factory tour.
2000 people working in Hambach were glad too when Ineos bought the factory. And families.
Monsieur Brochet, la bienvenue sur le forum.

I had indeed a "food time" after visiting the factory, and also a "good time" (y)
Happy to see a dedicated Ineos Employee on this forum (y):)

Mister Brochet was my guide during the factory tour!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom