The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Interior Designer

Gr84dier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
Could anyone throw light as to who is the interior designer for the Grenadier? Was Pininfarina involved in the interior design?

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
Toby Ecuyer is Head of Design.

Maybe this helps: Building the Grenadier - Episode 9 - Interior Design

Gr84dier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@Arkaig thank you, seen this but heard somewhere that Pininfrina were involved in the design?Toby Ecuyer is the Head of Design yes of course, but I want to know whether there was any other collaborations?

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any Pininfarina involvement - maybe this is of assistance:

Attachments

• Interior Design.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
Local time
Reaction score
Pininfariina made the first silver prototype for Ineos for over £1m thats where Ii think you got the connection

Gr84dier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Pininfariina made the first silver prototype for Ineos for over £1m thats where Ii think you got the connection
Oh Thank you so very much, are they s
till involved though?

Local time
Reaction score
They didn't do the "design" Toby Ecuyer did that they just diid the coachwork i.e built a fully working life-size model for us to see.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Also, the US Design patent for both the stationwagon and the pickup list a second name alongside Toby Ecuyer:

Sebastian Ide.

He's now a senior designer at Ineos Automotive, but prior to August 2021, he was a lead designer at MBTech Group.

Anyone remember them? They were on the scene before Magna but I'm unclear whether their remit ended prematurely or not, around the time the engine deal with BMW was announced?

Screenshot_20220921_140131.jpg

Screenshot_20220921_140833.jpg

Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
Also, the US Design patent for both the stationwagon and the pickup list a second name alongside Toby Ecuyer:

Sebastian Ide.

He's now a senior designer at Ineos Automotive, but prior to August 2021, he was a lead designer at MBTech Group.

Anyone remember them? They were on the scene before Magna but I'm unclear whether their remit ended prematurely or not, around the time the engine deal with BMW was announced?

View attachment 7793804

View attachment 7793805

MBTech is certainly involved. Big time, at that stage of the project, I would assume. The Grenadier aside, they are are subsidiary of MB and there is a manufacturing co-operation going on in the Hambach plant with MBA/MBX/Smart vehicles. MB would be foolish to pull them out, IA would be doomed if they were gone. There are a lot of co-operations in the automotive world behind the scenes, they are often being kept there.

Back
Top Bottom