The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland Insurance in the UK

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Admiral have quoted me £1,350 for a N1 5 seat station Wagon, on 12,000 a year, 10 years NCD for myself and my wife, NFU have come in even higher at over £1,450... Off street parking, 54 years old and it looks like I may need to fit an S5 tracker to get something sensible. Due to take delivery this week!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Admiral have quoted me £1,350 for a N1 5 seat station Wagon, on 12,000 a year, 10 years NCD for myself and my wife, NFU have come in even higher at over £1,450... Off street parking, 54 years old and it looks like I may need to fit an S5 tracker to get something sensible. Due to take delivery this week!
I suspect that it is postcode driven ( sorry about the pun), that is fixing the costs.

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can only assume it’s post code. I’m 53. M1 fieldmaster. Off road parking. 10,000k. Admiral multicar. No no-claims-bonus (still with other cars) and only £700pa to add this to the other two on the policy. No tracker needed. Adrian F wanted £2000. NFU multiple of that.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We have a two seat petrol commercial annual 12000miles and driveway parking £639 with Admiral.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you in that London place?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I eventually got it with NFU for £400, I managed to use the protected NCD from my commercial policy. It would have been £1100 without the NCD.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was that an online quote or did you give them a call. I’ve got a 2 seat utility N1, no previous van insurance. On line quote with Admiral was over £700, when I called and added it to my car insurance with a multi-car policy it came down to £475.

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was that an online quote or did you give them a call. I’ve got a 2 seat utility N1, no previous van insurance. On line quote with Admiral was over £700, when I called and added it to my car insurance with a multi-car policy it came down to £475.
This was an online quote with Admiral with 10 years NCD, I am waiting for a couple of more quotes to come in from Aviva and ERS, hopefully it will head south!

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I paid just over £400.00 with LV. South Cheshire.

That's interesting, I think from earlier posts yours is also a N1 5 seater SW, but is yours part of a multi car policy? My post code starts with WA and we are south Manchester/Cheshire border but the quotes are double what I was expecting and I work in the industry but staff discount isn't getting me far hence hunting around.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's interesting, I think from earlier posts yours is also a N1 5 seater SW, but is yours part of a multi car policy? My post code starts with WA and we are south Manchester/Cheshire border but the quotes are double what I was expecting and I work in the industry but staff discount isn't getting me far hence hunting around.
Hi Miles
All correct and part of a multi car policy. House insurance with the same insurer. Rural living CW, 8000 miles, wife and me, no business use. No tracker requirement either. WA post code only about 15 miles from me.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just rang Admiral to see what could be done - van insurance line, adding to my multi car policy. 9 months through to renewal of all the others £690.
Kept on driveway, domestic and pleasure only, fully comp, 25+ years NCB, TN postcode.

Diesel, SW, 5 seater, panel sides.

rmbrown

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi. I'm due to take delivery of my Fieldmaster soon and tried to get insurance quotes. Really struggling. NFU referred to underwriter and now saying they won't insure the vehicle. Admiral also refuse this vehicle. It's really strange because I have a new Ferrari insured by Admiral at the same address so it's not me as driver or the address they don't like. I don't understand it!?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi. I'm due to take delivery of my Fieldmaster soon and tried to get insurance quotes. Really struggling. NFU referred to underwriter and now saying they won't insure the vehicle. Admiral also refuse this vehicle. It's really strange because I have a new Ferrari insured by Admiral at the same address so it's not me as driver or the address they don't like. I don't understand it!?
I’m insured with Admiral. 2 seat petrol utility.

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm also with Admiral (multicar) with 5 seat M1 petrol Fieldmaster. You have to speak to someone and tell them their computer is wrong. It does appear on their website and gived you an online quotation when you go for a single car policy but not with multicar (they said it was some error at their end) so after half an hour on the phone with them they confirmed they could add it to multicar.

Back
Top Bottom