The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Improve HP and Torque

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
I would be concerned that it is tuned to modify the specific model vehicle you are plugging it into. This doesn't allow for modifying the Ineos Grenadier tuning.
How would you know which one to choose??

So if I was to buy my chip, I would use BMW X7 3.0 V6 single-turbo as my vehicle baseline. I believe the weight of the X7 would be closest to the IG. Having said that, I doubt seriously if the weight really matters. I had a Stage 2 chip that I used on a Mini Cooper and transferred it to a Honda - with similar performance upgrade. I'm no expert on this chip at all. But I've used four (4) of them with very positive results. But it's not for everyone.

I think that the biggest concern is what @Asnes stated, that if the power increase is too much, that the transmission could potentially get damaged...

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
@Jack123 , I would suggest to independently research the max horsepower capabilities of the B58 engine. I'm personally very impressed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
@Jack123 , I would suggest to independently research the max horsepower capabilities of the B58 engine. I'm personally very impressed.
Check the maximum torque the gearbox can handle.
You will be disappointed in the petrol option.
8HP 51[o]
500 N⋅m (369 lb⋅ft) · 2018
Diesel engine and gearbox on the other hand is no problem at all.
8HP 76/II[p]760 N⋅m (561 lb⋅ft) · 2018
1712900580142.jpg

So the petrol/gasoline gearbox combo is almost at maximum torque while the Diesel has plenty of capacity for tuning.

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
So if I was to buy my chip, I would use BMW X7 3.0 V6 single-turbo as my vehicle baseline. I believe the weight of the X7 would be closest to the IG. Having said that, I doubt seriously if the weight really matters. I had a Stage 2 chip that I used on a Mini Cooper and transferred it to a Honda - with similar performance upgrade. I'm no expert on this chip at all. But I've used four (4) of them with very positive results. But it's not for everyone.

I think that the biggest concern is what @Asnes stated, that if the power increase is too much, that the transmission could potentially get damaged...
You meant to say BMW inline 6 single turbo, BMW make the best inline 6 cylinder motors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom