The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I'm New fron Italy

Mauro

Contract Signed
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi

First of all, I apologize for my english. I’m Italian, from Vicenza, a little town near Venice.

I recently signed my contract (march, 3, 2023 – order placed in May, 20, 2023, estimated delivery date June, 30, 2023, like many of us)

My “Granny“ is a Station Wagon, Sela Green, Trialmaster ed., Winch, 17 Wheels, Safari windows and other stuff, 3.0 petrol.

I had to choose the petrol version, despite the lack of Nm, because of the Mayor of my town. My house is in the historic center, and if he wake up in the morning with “a crooked moon” (so we say in Italy), he have the power to lock my car in my garage, if it is a diesel version.

I already have a new Defender p400 with all off-road stuff (my wife will drive it), so in the future (i hope a near future but i’m not so sure about that…), i hope to test and discuss the differences.

I’m looking forward for new friends in the Ineos world

Mauro

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi

First of all, I apologize for my english. I’m Italian, from Vicenza, a little town near Venice.

I recently signed my contract (march, 3, 2023 – order placed in May, 20, 2023, estimated delivery date June, 30, 2023, like many of us)

My “Granny“ is a Station Wagon, Sela Green, Trialmaster ed., Winch, 17 Wheels, Safari windows and other stuff, 3.0 petrol.

I had to choose the petrol version, despite the lack of Nm, because of the Mayor of my town. My house is in the historic center, and if he wake up in the morning with “a crooked moon” (so we say in Italy), he have the power to lock my car in my garage, if it is a diesel version.

I already have a new Defender p400 with all off-road stuff (my wife will drive it), so in the future (i hope a near future but i’m not so sure about that…), i hope to test and discuss the differences.

Mauro
Mauro, benvenuto! Your Grenadier Treilmaster will be petrol and Sela Green like my Fieldmaster... Fingers crossed in the hope of a less distant delivery. Were you in Perugia or Padua for the presentations?

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Welcome. I always enjoy reading posts in English by Italians because I hear it with the accent in my head. Sorry to hear about the mayor. Unless the mayor were my wife, I'd get the engine I wanted most. I can't imagine it would be that loud, but maybe someone else on the forum can confirm whether there's a decibel difference between the two and what it is.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mauro,

are Diesels in general forbidden in downtown Vicenza?

You could install a Diesel-sound generator in the petrol, and after everybody got used to it, change to a real Diesel. :cool:

Mauro

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Many Thanks to Everybody.

I start to answer your different questions.

First of all, I don’t have a dog (my son is not happy with it, so things could change. It depends on how much he will be able to insist on enlargement of the family)

Speaking about the petrol vs diesel, there is a big problem not with noise, but with environment protection regulations, especially regarding diesel engine. When the quality of air becomes poor, the Mayor can adopt some limitation about circulation and he can extend it also to residents in downtown. So, when this kind of measures are adopted, I can’t enter, nor exit from my garage with the car, wich is for me totaly inaccetable, because i need to use the car for work. This is the reason why all my cars have petrol engine and my wallet is emptier. Sometimes the limitations are extended to Euro 6d Diesel (the last Directive, i think)

The problem is that: my wife is not the Mayor. In fact, she actually drive an old Range Rover Sport Euro 5, and i’m sure that if she was a mayor, the Euro 5 diesel could run in and out even from the bed.

And no i didn’t go to Padova or Perugia. I have to say that my decision with Ineos is a jump in the dark with eyes closed, but I’m totally in love with the old Defender and, as I said, the old diesel are for me impossible to buy, the v8 classic was too expensive and the Ineos Granadier is, in my opinion, the perfect solution to stay away from modern refrigerators.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi

Mauro
Welcome Mauro! We were in the beautiful city centre of Vicenza last September.
I think we were in a Seat Arona that ran on methane, which is truly a car that can go to the devil.
Good to hear that you have a Grenadier on the way - I look forward to your comparison with the Defender.

Back
Top Bottom