The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Howdy from Namibia!

Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
I am so delighted to have found The INEOS Forum in the ocean of similar communities out there!

In a country more than twice the size of Germany and a population of a mere 2.5mil people, off-roading and wild camping in desolation is in our genes more than anything else!
As so many fellow countrymen of my generation, I grew up in Land Rovers in the back country, exploring the vast open spaces.

With the demise to the ladder frame chassis Defender however, I eventually started using Toyota Land Cruisers and grew absolutely fond of them...
With just short of a million kms under the belt in LC's on mainly gravel and unpaved roads, I can attest to their indisputable reliability and unique ruggedness.
Characteristics that have definitely cemented the Toyota's brand's following around the globe.

Yet, when I first sat in the Grenadier, it felt like homecoming!
In my life, I owned and used quite a few Defenders and I've missed that warm feeling of familiarity brought on by personal relationships I used to experience with each of my LR's.
In the LC, those emotions never developed. And I am not the guy that give my cars names and cry when I sell them...
So, I am looking forward to Grenadier ownership in a sense of going full circle in doing what I love.

Nowadays called Overlanding, I love fitting out a vehicle and embark on journeys into the lesser travelled spaces of our world.
I recently had the good fortune of taking a demo Grenadier of the local dealer on a short but challenging offroad excursion.
I was awestruck.

So here I am, greeting you from Namibia and looking forward to swopping out experiences as we travel together even if just mostly in cyber space!

Regards
David

Grenadier in Huab.jpg
Heading into the familiar unknown desolation

And the missus is in love too.jpg
The missus is a happy camper!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
I am so delighted to have found The INEOS Forum in the ocean of similar communities out there!

In a country more than twice the size of Germany and a population of a mere 2.5mil people, off-roading and wild camping in desolation is in our genes more than anything else!
As so many fellow countrymen of my generation, I grew up in Land Rovers in the back country, exploring the vast open spaces.

With the demise to the ladder frame chassis Defender however, I eventually started using Toyota Land Cruisers and grew absolutely fond of them...
With just short of a million kms under the belt in LC's on mainly gravel and unpaved roads, I can attest to their indisputable reliability and unique ruggedness.
Characteristics that have definitely cemented the Toyota's brand's following around the globe.

Yet, when I first sat in the Grenadier, it felt like homecoming!
In my life, I owned and used quite a few Defenders and I've missed that warm feeling of familiarity brought on by personal relationships I used to experience with each of my LR's.
In the LC, those emotions never developed. And I am not the guy that give my cars names and cry when I sell them...
So, I am looking forward to Grenadier ownership in a sense of going full circle in doing what I love.

Nowadays called Overlanding, I love fitting out a vehicle and embark on journeys into the lesser travelled spaces of our world.
I recently had the good fortune of taking a demo Grenadier of the local dealer on a short but challenging offroad excursion.
I was awestruck.

So here I am, greeting you from Namibia and looking forward to swopping out experiences as we travel together even if just mostly in cyber space!

Regards
David

View attachment 7831032
Heading into the familiar unknown desolation

View attachment 7831033
The missus is a happy camper!
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

And happy wife, happy life!

Back
Top Bottom