The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How many cars have been built?

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
Have you possession of your Grenadier?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They have no idea where it is.
Customer Service has been trying to "find out" for 3 weeks.
It was slated for shipping in July but didn't make the ship.
As of end of Sept I believe its still in Europe. I reckon I'm on the naughty list:unsure:

Not happy Jan!!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They have no idea where it is.
Customer Service has been trying to "find out" for 3 weeks.
ChatGPT suggests calling the cops

"I'm sorry, but I don't have the ability to track specific objects or vehicles. If you're looking for information about your INEOS Grenadier, I recommend checking with the relevant authorities or using any tracking services or apps that might be associated with your vehicle. If you believe it's lost or stolen, please contact your local law enforcement agency as soon as possible."

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
ChatGPT suggests calling the cops

"I'm sorry, but I don't have the ability to track specific objects or vehicles. If you're looking for information about your INEOS Grenadier, I recommend checking with the relevant authorities or using any tracking services or apps that might be associated with your vehicle. If you believe it's lost or stolen, please contact your local law enforcement agency as soon as possible."

Lol - love it.... I didnt think of getting AI onto the job.

but it makes my early reservation a joke. the vehicle will be 12 month old before I get it

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Lol - love it.... I didnt think of getting AI onto the job.

but it makes my early reservation a joke. the vehicle will be 12 month old before I get it
Mine was about 9 months.
Make sure you swap the air in the tyres for new air, it's dangerous driving around with old air , especially French air.

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
If the fabrication figures are interesting it could be possible to reconstruct data using VIN running numbers and estimated fabrication month. It would need large number of data, say several hundreds of data pairs to have some credibility. The fact that Grenadiers obviously aren't fabricated in exact number sequence harm this project a little but anyhow we can't get exact data.

I have done this kind of statistics for Land Rover Series vehicles in Finland and can do it for IG if needed.

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
I just received my VIN number it ends in 9848, it has been built and is awaiting a ship.
So I don't know how long it will take to reach Adelaide, but good news.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just received my VIN number it ends in 9848, it has been built and is awaiting a ship.
I've got a spreadsheet somewhere that will tell you when it's being shipped and expected arrival date (it's actually available on this forum)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was built in October and is 7719. I do not know when in October.

Looks like production is being stepped up.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the fabrication figures are interesting it could be possible to reconstruct data using VIN running numbers and estimated fabrication month. It would need large number of data, say several hundreds of data pairs to have some credibility. The fact that Grenadiers obviously aren't fabricated in exact number sequence harm this project a little but anyhow we can't get exact data.

I have done this kind of statistics for Land Rover Series vehicles in Finland and can do it for IG if needed.
Any reason to think they are not made in order of vin?

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

why?

go to the pub!

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
So its clear that production isn’t going as quickly as IA had hoped. Build dates are slipping from one month to the next, and then again. This has made me wonder, just how slowly are they building? They started back in 2022, its now nearly 4 months into 2023 and how many are out there that we know of? I ‘m thinking its less than 1000.. so in 28 weeks or so working 5 days a week thats only 7-8 cars a day…?? Can it really be that few? If they have built 2000 thats only 15 cars a day…

To put it another way if they were building a modest 15000 cars a year that would be 57 per day.. at that rate there should be around 7000 cars out there now..

Any thoughts on the numbers?
Has to be well over that. Mine was #422 to the US and other ships have left port since then.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
Has to be well over that. Mine was #422 to the US and other ships have left port since then.
I saw somewhere today someone mention that his VIN was 99XX Don't know if it was here or in on Facebook. But I think the VIN numbers are not following up. You here rumors of car's that stay in the factory, or on a parking lot because of faults or missing pieces. But I think today they are over the 10K units.

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
I saw somewhere today someone mention that his VIN was 99XX Don't know if it was here or in on Facebook. But I think the VIN numbers are not following up. You here rumors of car's that stay in the factory, or on a parking lot because of faults or missing pieces. But I think today they are over the 10K units.
I don't no if you are referring to my vin number 9848 ?

Back
Top Bottom