The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hi from the South of NZ

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm from the South Island, NZ. I currently drive a baby Raptor, which has been great, but a few gearbox issues over the years, and time for a change. Still researching options, but since finding there will be a Grenadier pickup version it seems top of the list.
Cheers!

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
Welcome! According to their socials the Grenadier will be at Fieldays in Hamilton next week if you want to check it out. Won’t be the Ute, just the wagon but at least you’ll get an idea of what the vehicle will be like!

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm from the South Island, NZ. I currently drive a baby Raptor, which has been great, but a few gearbox issues over the years, and time for a change. Still researching options, but since finding there will be a Grenadier pickup version it seems top of the list.
Cheers!
Welcome! You hail from a truly magnificent part of the world. My one regret is leaving NZ and not settling in the Sth Island. A Gren would be awesome down there!

I own the Raptor too, no transmission problems yet but I've only done 30k so far.

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
@Wayneos you may never hit the Raptor gearbox issues, most don't. Mine is the very first batch of the 2l twin turbo 10 speed Raptor, and generally the issues are only on cold South Island days. Ford are replacing a fair few parts of the transmission next month; they have been great and very responsive. I love the truck (2" lift, 35s, snorkel, hidden winch bar) hence no rush with Grenadier and can wait for this ute model...
@OzGrenny thanks mate. Luckily there is a "off-road only" press model here in the Chch showroom. It has no airbags hence the off-road only aspect, I believe it was one of the very original press launch vehicles from UK that is doing the rounds. Likely the same one they will show at Fieldays.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@bigkuri Yeah, I love the Raptor too, same 2lt diesel, it's very capable and mine is stock except the Utemaster lid and Method wheels. It was one of the last off the line in 22' so most of the bugs probably sorted out. It's why I'm also in no super hurry to get the Grenadier. If I could I would keep both.
Anyway mate, enjoy the forum and your beautiful countryside!

Back
Top Bottom