The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Italy...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
My name is Aldo, from Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy. Driving Defenders since 2006, I casually found (it should be 2016-17) a website announcing the idea (just the idea...) to create a successor to the Defender, bringing Defender principles up to 21st century standards. There was only one name, which however was quickly questioned, proposing a competition to find a better one. I proposed Centurion, from the name of the famous tank, but in the end Grenadier remained and it's not bad. I followed all the design phases, I participated in various meetings, having the opportunity to see the real first prototype and the subsequent ones. I placed the pre-order in 2021, placed the order on May 18, 2022 and signed the contract on February 28. Now I look forward to trade in the Def and bring home the Grenadier. Mine will be Fieldmaster, Sela Green, petrol, with K02 tyres. I'm also a passionate cyclist, my bike is a Pinarello Dogma like those of Team Ineos...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
Salve Aldo,

welcome to the forum. I'm from Germany but have worked for a while in Trento / Alto Adige.

Happy to see somebody from Sardinia, as we (my wife and me) want to travel this Island once our Grenadier arrived.

I'd be happy to see you on the map in "The GRUNT". Not much effort to join. See my signature for a link.

Have fun! :)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Ciao and welcome aboard!

As an aside, as emax’s sig says, you can join the grunt and activate your flag icon to show the green, white, and red!

Also, we have a wonderful thread devoted to dogs. While not directly IG related, they’ll be our best passengers! DOGS

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
Welcome @alvan you live in a wonderful part of the world. Perfect for exploring with the Grenadier. I worked in and around Olbia for a few years. I still have a few friends in Porto Cervo so may see you there some time.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
My name is Aldo, from Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy. Driving Defenders since 2006, I casually found (it should be 2016-17) a website announcing the idea (just the idea...) to create a successor to the Defender, bringing Defender principles up to 21st century standards. There was only one name, which however was quickly questioned, proposing a competition to find a better one. I proposed Centurion, from the name of the famous tank, but in the end Grenadier remained and it's not bad. I followed all the design phases, I participated in various meetings, having the opportunity to see the real first prototype and the subsequent ones. I placed the pre-order in 2021, placed the order on May 18, 2022 and signed the contract on February 28. Now I look forward to trade in the Def and bring home the Grenadier. Mine will be Fieldmaster, Sela Green, petrol, with K02 tyres. I'm also a passionate cyclist, my bike is a Pinarello Dogma like those of Team Ineos...
I caught the ferry from Cagliari to Palermo in a little Fiat 500 back in 2019
Welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom