The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gullwing windows

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Any update on the gullwing windows?

I'm keen to have my 2 rear windows made gullwings

GavinD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking forward to when it can be shipped to Aus.

Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
We've got aluminum gullwing windows for the INEOS Grenadier in stock. These were our original designs and they're already up and running. Next up, we've developed gullwing windows with a glass panel, and also sliding windows. The glass is currently on order, and we're aiming to deliver these new gullwing windows with glass panels and sliding windows by the end of the year.

Got any questions, or want to keep up-to-date? Just drop us an email at: info@explore-glazing.nl

Attachments

• Ineos Grenadier 01.jpg
    Ineos Grenadier 01.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 94
  • Ineos Grenadier 02.jpg
    Ineos Grenadier 02.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Ineos Grenadier 03.jpg
    Ineos Grenadier 03.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Ineos Grenadier 04.jpg
    Ineos Grenadier 04.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 94

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I like your products very much.

But the Grenadier solution looks very much like a shooting slit, to be honest. I already discussed this on the telephone with one of you guys (I called you from Germany a few weeks ago), and the explanation which I got indeed makes sense.

But I still ask myself, if the cover could be extended to the size of the entire outside frame so that it rests on the part which is currently visible from the outside. I know this would for sure take different hinges and mounts. But perhaps, if the cover rests on the currently visible part of outside frame, it could save the two centimeters of the frame part which I can see from the inside. This would change a lot.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I like your products very much.

But the Grenadier solution looks very much like a shooting slit, to be honest. I already discussed this on the telephone with one of you guys (I called you from Germany a few weeks ago), and the explanation which I got indeed makes sense.

But I still ask myself, if the cover could be extended to the size of the entire outside frame so that it rests on the part which is currently visible from the outside. I know this would for sure take different hinges and mounts. But perhaps, if the cover rests on the currently visible part of outside frame, it could save the two centimeters of the frame part which I can see from the inside. This would change a lot.
The hinges are mounted on the aluminum window profile and cannot be placed on the base plate, which has the exact dimensions of the original side window. Although this might make the opening appear larger, this is not the case. As clearly visible in one of the photos, the aluminum frame follows the interior lining of the INEOS Grenadier precisely.

If the gullwing were designed to be more spacious, the opening would still be limited by this interior lining. The lining follows NOT the car's bodywork but the visibility provided by the glass. Why INEOS Grenadier has chosen this design is a mystery to me. The line of the car, the front door, and the second-row (glass) are now disrupted, making the rear window seem out of place with the car's design.

Greetings, Anja

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
Let's get this going again. I want some.

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went on their website yesterday and did the request quote so we will see what happens.

Zorro

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Dang... I haven't even got it yet and already breaking the Oath I took with the other half... "it has everything I need, so I won't need to put more money into this one!" Still, offers a decade or two of Xmas and Birthday ideas I guess.

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dang... I haven't even got it yet and already breaking the Oath I took with the other half... "it has everything I need, so I won't need to put more money into this one!" Still, offers a decade or two of Xmas and Birthday ideas I guess.

First of all, welcome.
And you are definitely going to be breaking that Oath.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
I want these for sleeping in the back. Some sort of net to attach would be great also for bugs

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
I want these for sleeping in the back. Some sort of net to attach would be great also for bugs
There’s a mesh net setup out there for the normal door windows already. I’ll try to track down a link for you later.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
Great idea but the opening is way to small to be useful.
I installed C R Lawrence windows in my Sprinter van. They are hand cranked and screened and great for sleeping. Maybe C R Lawrence will develop something for the Grenadier.

Attachments

• 2D8854B9-4603-460D-ABB0-5A8AAE3C236C.jpeg
    2D8854B9-4603-460D-ABB0-5A8AAE3C236C.jpeg
    595.5 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom