The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Weight

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
All good.
Weight info in COC is bull$^#t.
Nicely balanced car at 2874kg.
Trial Diesel with Safari Windows and sidesteps.
Not sure where the extra weight left back is coming from though.
Spare wheel and gas tank hang on the right.

IMG_7931.jpeg

Last edited:
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Some thoughts on this intensively discussed topic. I was wondering which car compares best to the Grenadier aside of all options that have been alreday mentioned in terms of weight. So I was looking for some technical data on the Mercedes-Benz G-Class series 464 which is the latest military spec version with a decent and modern inline 6 diesel and 183kW. Power rating seems to be familiar with the Grenadier community.

The huge downside of this vehicle is the fact that is only available to governmental sales in Euro III spec. Nevertheless, from my point of view one of the rare - somewhat - modern(ized) 4x4 around that allow for comparison. As it's not available to the public, prices are upon speculation but keep in mind, that the old G350d Preofessional (W461) was already above todays Grenadier level, makes it still not look like a bargain, but at leat reasonable.

Back to the weight. As I assume, for good reason, Mercedes-Benz does not publish precise numbers for empty weight or payload. Only the fact, that it goes up to 3,500kg for the station wagon or 4,900kg for the chassis cab plus 3,500kg trailer weight each.

There is one hint for the payload of the chassis cab. It says: "The permissible gross weight of 4.9 tonnes allows a payload of 2.5 tonnes." Equals 2,400kg unladen. For my perception in the Grenadiers ballpark. Add Euro VI exhaust after treatment, a wagon body and rear row seats, it's not far away.

https://ggb.mercedes-benz.com/en/ve...eries-464/mercedes-benz-g-350-d-station-wagon
https://ggb.mercedes-benz.com/en/ve...-series-464/mercedes-benz-g-350-d-chassis-cab

BG_G_Basisfahrzeug_CGI_04.jpg

Max

Back
Top Bottom