The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Germany: Scherer Group: First Ineos showroom in Germany starts

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
A V6 Manual Amarok 51 : 1 first low vs hlux 38 : 1, Amarok hydro formed chassis, in fact the grenadiers chassis is made in the same factory and also hydro formed, ( one of the reasons I am buying one ) much stronger, Amarok chassis don't break like hiluxes. 50 D side rollover angle for an Amarok vs 38 D for the rollota. Check out Toyota HiLux moose test. The cf6 manual gearbox in the amarokis based on a ZF S6 53, with ratio changes and double syncs on 2nd and 3rd extremely strong gearbox. Amarok 150amp alternator vs hilux 60 amp. 3.0 l V6 has a forged crank forged conrods and forged pistons vs the Hiluxes 2.8d shoking reliability DPF, dusting motor extremely limited tune-ability according to tuners. And the 79 series narrow rear track Hilux front Diff 2 days work to change the starter motor the list goes on.
It is just a wide shot but I get the feeling that you like the Amarok more :unsure:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:15 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier is a commercial venture and the more people who buy, the longer it prospers
Only up to a point. It needs enough people to buy to keep the business in the black. Chasing more people, more sales it not perhaps the business model for Ineos.

I recall the BBC series with top UK business man Sir John Harvey-Jones, Troubleshooter. He visited Morgan (the car maker) and declared the firm “almost automatically doomed” due to its outmoded manufacturing and inability to edge production beyond a quaint nine-and-a-half vehicles per week.

Morgan was doing it all wrong, according to Sir John Harvey-Jones. The BBC's "troubleshooter", formerly ICI's boss, reckoned the sports-car maker should double production to clear its backlog of orders, increase prices to pay for new investment, and update its cars and plant.

Morgan ignored most, if not all, of his advice and continued on producing a very decent product. Recent history has been different but I'm not sure any of that has been for the better.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Amarok hydro formed chassis, in fact the grenadiers chassis is made in the same factory and also hydro formed, ( one of the reasons I am buying one ) much stronger, Amarok chassis don't break like hiluxes.
I read a case study on the Amarok chassis, I wasn't sure if production was ending and the Grenadier chassis was actually going to replace it?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
I read a case study on the Amarok chassis, I wasn't sure if production was ending and the Grenadier chassis was actually going to replace it?
Amarok is on the Ford T6.2 platform, no? Same as the Ranger and Bronco. The one in Oz is basically a Ranger with sketchy aesthetics.

Last edited:

Too many trucks

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
A V6 Manual Amarok 51 : 1 first low vs hlux 38 : 1, Amarok hydro formed chassis, in fact the grenadiers chassis is made in the same factory and also hydro formed, ( one of the reasons I am buying one ) much stronger, Amarok chassis don't break like hiluxes. 50 D side rollover angle for an Amarok vs 38 D for the rollota. Check out Toyota HiLux moose test. The cf6 manual gearbox in the amarokis based on a ZF S6 53, with ratio changes and double syncs on 2nd and 3rd extremely strong gearbox. Amarok 150amp alternator vs hilux 60 amp. 3.0 l V6 has a forged crank forged conrods and forged pistons vs the Hiluxes 2.8d shoking reliability DPF, dusting motor extremely limited tune-ability according to tuners. And the 79 series narrow rear track Hilux front Diff 2 days work to change the starter motor the list goes on.
Our Amarok V6 2018 has been shockingly poor, loads of DPF/emissions issues (2 replaced under warranty) 4 other I know of suffered same issue, problem arises from short trips in UK, damp countryside and the engine never getting hot enough. I've ordered a petrol Grenadier for just that reason, no dpf and adblu.

Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Amarok is on the Ford T6.2 platform, no? Same as the Ranger and Bronco. The one in Oz is basically a Ranger with sketchy aesthetics.
that is the not yet released new Amarok coming out next year totally agree terrible vehicle, a huge step backwards from the current Amarok, the hydro formed chassis that is in the 2011 - 2022 Amarok costs 5 times as much to produce, and because they are not making that chassis any more it has freed up space to make the high quality hydro formed Ineos Grenadier chassis in the same factory.

Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Our Amarok V6 2018 has been shockingly poor, loads of DPF/emissions issues (2 replaced under warranty) 4 other I know of suffered same issue, problem arises from short trips in UK, damp countryside and the engine never getting hot enough. I've ordered a petrol Grenadier for just that reason, no dpf and adblu.
Much longer distances in Australia and warmer weather diesels are very popular here.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
If the engine doesn't reach operating temp this will likewise be a problem for the petrol version.
AFAIK all new (2018+ ?) BMW petrol engines do have a particle filter (called ppf, gpf or opf); they will rely on the exhaust temp being high enough to operate/regenerate, which eventually will not work when operated under low load as described. But for sure a dpf is more delicate...

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
one for the GRUNT

Back
Top Bottom