The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front Bumper options

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Anyone know whether the UK market can obtain the smaller metal front bumper from other markets?

If not, has anyone found an aftermarket solution as I hate the front bumper on the UK spec vehicle, it's absolutely huge.
No. UK/EU type approval makes selling non-approved bars an offense. As the Grenadier has a winch solution without external metalwork, the usual waiver for "Winch bumpers" will not apply either.

A smaller bumper in an alternative material would be massive development job, (think £Millions), so I'd suggest you sit in the vehicle so you cannot see it!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
No. UK/EU type approval makes selling non-approved bars an offense. As the Grenadier has a winch solution without external metalwork, the usual waiver for "Winch bumpers" will not apply either.

A smaller bumper in an alternative material would be massive development job, (think £Millions), so I'd suggest you sit in the vehicle so you cannot see it!
I wouldn't want a winch.

A smaller bumper is what is needed IMHO, and I am sure it will happen during a mid-life update as the current design is horrendous. Is the "suggestion" an attempt of humour BTW? :) :)

Last edited:

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I wouldn't want a winch.

A smaller bumper is what is needed IMHO, and I am sure it will happen during a mid-life update as the current design is horrendous. Is the "suggestion" an attempt of humour BTW? :) :)
Yes, French writer Guy de Maupassant frequently dined in one of the Eifel tower's restaurants, not because he was particularly fond of the cuisine on offer, but because, being inside the structure was the only way for a Parisian to avoid having to look at it.

The bumper is a complex structure and a significant part of the sacrificial crush area, changing it is not the work of a moment.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh nice. Who have you heard of? Google search didn’t pull up much and couldn’t find any announcements about it.
LFD Off Road and Expedition One are two that I know of for sure, several others have it in their plans as well, but if they haven't announced publicly, I won't be the one to do it.

Back
Top Bottom