The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe: Where do you buy wire?

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
Love to get a list of reputable online stores together from where parts especially wire can be purchased from in Europe. I'm living in Switzerland and the DIY stores for anything electronic suck and stock problems are pervasive. Due to import rules and regulations amazon.de and associated marketplace sellers also don't ship here to Switzerland. Good quality silicon rubber encased wire is available from some large retailers like those listed on trustedparts.com however they tend to sell only by the 100ft/1000ft reel. Given the general criticality in getting good quality components Ebay can be inherently risky and quality sellers are often outside of Europe with longer delivery times and "differing standards" (nice way of saying avoid crap from China etc)

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
Love to get a list of reputable online stores together from where parts especially wire can be purchased from in Europe. I'm living in Switzerland and the DIY stores for anything electronic suck and stock problems are pervasive. Due to import rules and regulations amazon.de and associated marketplace sellers also don't ship here to Switzerland. Good quality silicon rubber encased wire is available from some large retailers like those listed on trustedparts.com however they tend to sell only by the 100ft/1000ft reel. Given the general criticality in getting good quality components Ebay can be inherently risky and quality sellers are often outside of Europe with longer delivery times and "differing standards" (nice way of saying avoid crap from China etc)
I use 12v planet in the U.K. for my projects. They supply automotive and marine cabling and equipment They have a useful helpline and knowledge centre pages for info on everything low voltage inc wiring ,solar, relays etc.

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
distrelec.ch has lots of electrical material available. Online, quick and well documented.

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @Logsplitter - I've seen reference to them before but seem to only stock PVC sheathed wire rather than silicon. I won't claim any expertise but thought spending the extra might be worthwhile.

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
distrelec.ch has lots of electrical material available. Online, quick and well documented.
Thanks @minidok - I'm feeling cheap these days though after the Grenadier purchase and don't want to buy different 30m reels of various thicknesses and colours ;)

Back
Top Bottom