The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

*Ergonomics Issue*

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
I still often drive in heavy traffic (well, it's Belgium!) therefore I will probably be quite happy with the automatic transmission. But, I will have to "learn", because I very seldom drove one with automatic gearbox. Last time was in Australia, during 3 days, and it was nice to drive.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
It's ergonomics but just not as you'd recognise it today:

View attachment 7798979
We’re not a big family and they loved sticking little guys in there. My father’s uncle had the pleasure of performing that duty late in WWII. I know he came home in one piece and I don’t recall how many sorties he survived.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dad (77). He said that Sonny went into the Army Air Forces in late 42/early 43 and was sent to Italy. My grandfather on the other side (regular army) was sent to Italy too - they each spoke fluent Italian.

I remember an old photo of him wearing his leather and wool bomber jacket and scarf. Dad is going to see if he can find it and send a snap. If so I would be honored to share with you all.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Please do Krabby

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Just in case anyone was looking for a photo comparison of any ergo issues surrounding footrests. I can't wait to get my Grenadier though... c'mon make it already!

Attachments

• LHD Footrest.JPG
    LHD Footrest.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 79
  • RHD Footrest 2.jpg
    RHD Footrest 2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 79
  • RHD Footrest.jpg
    RHD Footrest.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I rented a 4Runner yesterday. Compared to the 4.6 in the GX460 it is a dog. I wouldn't want to tow anything substantial with it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rented a 4Runner yesterday. Compared to the 4.6 in the GX460 it is a dog. I wouldn't want to tow anything substantial with it.
I actually stumbled upon a youtube video last night about a couple in Tennessee who converted the GX into a legit off roader. There's 3 parts and the mods get better as time progresses.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Just in case anyone was looking for a photo comparison of any ergo issues surrounding footrests. I can't wait to get my Grenadier though... c'mon make it already!
Yes, the footrest is on both sides, left and right. No matter whether or not it's an LHD or an RHD vehicle. It's always on both sides.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Yes, the footrest is on both sides, left and right. No matter whether or not it's an LHD or an RHD vehicle. It's always on both sides.
The LHD drive rest is in line (plane) with the throttle pedal. The RHD rest is about 100mm forward of the throttle pedal. Most cars have footrests, some bigger than others....

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some very brave souls who manned the "BALL" turret. Would have scarred me shitless.
1672838904608.png

Can't find the photo of him with his bomber jacket yet but we're looking. As a short man (I'm only 5') my ass would have been in that ball too (and equally scared as hell).

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
So. apologize for the tone, since this is many months in the making. Have yet to see anyone address it. No one at ineos has responded, and no one at any of the events had an answer.

I am assuming like most of you this is a dream overlanding vehicle. Also assuming like most of you, you're probably a guy, and you are somewhere in the athletic or formerly athletic category of physical build.

The passenger side footwell has a massive obstruction on the left side. It looks like it is the remnant of the Right Hand Drive model left-foot rest.

Now if you're thinking... "well that's just for right hand drive!"... A fellow Ineos order holder pointed this out to me that he had seen it in person in the NA demo vehicle, noticed it since he was extremely uncomfortable at 6'2" and asked staff about it and they had no response. One apparently ventured a guess that it was for "Diff housing clearance"

All you have to do is look under the chassis to see that is nowhere near where the diff housing is located.

Sufficed to say this will kill your, or your passengers, knee on long trips, especially if you are of average or above average height.

I am extremely concerned since my own research leads me to believe it is a major engineering oversight that is not modular, but stamped into the body sheet metal.

See attached photos.

Any info or analysis to the contrary would be very welcome.
Well sunshine imagine this shit for right hand drivers I have brought this up and it appears there are many who are displeased with this. I have asked grenadier for a solution and if not I wish to cancel and yet I do want this vehicle.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well sunshine imagine this shit for right hand drivers I have brought this up and it appears there are many who are displeased with this. I have asked grenadier for a solution and if not I wish to cancel and yet I do want this vehicle.
God I love the internet.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, see from the brief drive I had I didn’t see/feel any issues with the steering wheel at all. The footrest felt strange when I got in but with 30 seconds of driving I’d forgotten about it. I tend to kink my left leg over long hauls anyway so hope I settle into it. The only issues I had were bumping my arm when closing the door, but once closed it was OK. Not as spacious as a cruiser, but ok.

Oh, and noone has called me slim in 35 years.
Same for me, very early on one or two people complained about offset pedals and steering but no one has lately and on my drive same as you. The footrest did feel wierd when I first got in but I didn’t think about ot again after I got going. Steering wheel positiona and pedal position just fine, and no slim is not a word associated we me in any way.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You might as well cancel then because there will not be a full solution for this until there is a new model with a major redesign. There will likely be some aftermarket floor mats to replace the existing ones which may slim it a bit. But the hump is there to accommodate the exhaust and DPF assemblies etc and it isn’t going away.

Back
Top Bottom