The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Delivery Prioritry

GrenadierAdelaide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
A friend ordered his Grenadier one month after my order/deposit and he took delivery of his vehicle in Adelaide last week. I have no clue when my vehicle is scheduled for delivery. Does anyone have an idea of how they work through the orders? It is very clear that delivery sequencing is not based on 'first ordered first served' basis.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Is your vehicle at the dealer?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A friend ordered his Grenadier one month after my order/deposit and he took delivery of his vehicle in Adelaide last week. I have no clue when my vehicle is scheduled for delivery. Does anyone have an idea of how they work through the orders? It is very clear that delivery sequencing is not based on 'first ordered first served' basis.
There is no discernible, at least to external eyes. Logic to it. I ordered first day orders were open, others who apparently ordered after me got contracts before me, some delivered VINS are earlier than mine and some later.

Some of it was likely due to the ordered versions and options as there was tight supply of some items particularly early on so some may have had delayed manufacturing dates due to that. It seems some batches were held up in the batch and hold process for longer, again likely due to hold ups where parts were found to need to be replaced and they were waiting for stock to come in etc. Best you can do is stay in close contact with your agent.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What has your dealer told you?
Have you signed a contract?
Have you checked with your dealer to make sure they have your order?
When did they take your full deposit?
Your dealer should be able to supply answers for you

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the early stages it was parts availability that most influenced the order of building. Last week my dealer (Sydney) said it is now broadly following the date of your order, as parts is no longer a material issue.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe the highly technical order fulfilment process Ineos has developed is called "Lucky Dip".

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is an order, but there’s a few things that can mess with it As others noted…
supply chain issues can shunt you down the list
batch and hold test results, also down the list
if your order matches a earlier cancelled order that can bump you up the list.

There’s not really anything different ineos can have done about any of this, except of course generally better communication. The frustration can be high, but they really re all working very hard to do the right thing; hang in there and trust, the car is awesome.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the FORD on-line info system clients are able to access (a new FORD Ranger).

Certainly more information than IA provides although not all labels are yet populated; e.g. the RoRo name not yet available.

Screenshot 2023-08-09 170611.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is the FORD on-line info system clients are able to access (a new FORD Ranger).

Certainly more information than IA provides although not all labels are yet populated; e.g. the RoRo name not yet available.

View attachment 7822844
That looks like the dealer has accessed it from the comment on the top line.
As it has an allocation month I assume that is a standard order the dealer has placed on the factory and they have then allocated that vehicle to a customer.
I have had that with several vehicle purchases.
They say, this is what we have coming in and these are the ones available.
Which one do you want.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
I talked to one of the big dealers in Germany last week and asked him what the bottleneck right now is. It seems that the registration is nothing to concern any more.
But they see now that higher VINs are often delivered earlier than lower VINs. He belived that this has to do with batch and hold as the known problems yet improved the quality of the new produced cars.
So these cars do not have to wait that long for new parts and their fitting while standing on the parking lot in Hambach (or at the dealers yard).

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I placed my reservation on 30 September 2021, and I paid my deposit on 18 May 2022. My VIN is in the 800s, but only last weekend did it finally land here on the dock. After nearly two years of patiently waiting I kind of feel I am now entitled to insist that my vehicle is perhaps the first of this batch of deliveries to be handed over.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I placed my reservation on 30 September 2021, and I paid my deposit on 18 May 2022. My VIN is in the 800s, but only last weekend did it finally land here on the dock. After nearly two years of patiently waiting I kind of feel I am now entitled to insist that my vehicle is perhaps the first of this batch of deliveries to be handed over.
Is your expected vehicle highly specc'd or a "vanilla" (=standard) model ...
From my observations at the local dealership, early production vehicles which were "standard" I.e did not have other options (which were production line dependent as distinct from 'dealer fit') seemed to arrive first, whereas "non standard " production vehicles e.g a Trialmaster with optional safari windows (just an example. ) or a standard station wagon with a mix of Trialmaster and Fieldmaster options, seemed to have been inordinately delayed... I can't offer an explanation... just an observation

I hope it meets your expectations and your face aches from grinning when you drive it!!! :love: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
Colour - did you pick one of the last chosen colours? My theory.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
800s delivering now is late, and the VIN tells you that it was not parts shortage, or it wouldnt have gone into production. You must have got caught up in batch and hold, and presumably some significant stuff was replaced. Your friend may also have benefitted from a prior cancel, but current landings are well into the 4k +range. Good luck!

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is your expected vehicle highly specc'd or a "vanilla" (=standard) model ...
From my observations at the local dealership, early production vehicles which were "standard" I.e did not have other options (which were production line dependent as distinct from 'dealer fit') seemed to arrive first, whereas "non standard " production vehicles e.g a Trialmaster with optional safari windows (just an example. ) or a standard station wagon with a mix of Trialmaster and Fieldmaster options, seemed to have been inordinately delayed... I can't offer an explanation... just an observation

I hope it meets your expectations and your face aches from grinning when you drive it!!! :love: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The vehicle is a regular station wagon, not a Belstaff edition, but with a lot of extras. Soft + hard packs, tow pack, bull bar, side steps, carpet, compass, but no safari windows, rear ladder or roof rack. So a mixture. The vehicle does NOT feel like an early production one though. It’s well sorted and tidy. In fact other than the “normal” software gremlins it’s just about perfect. The only fit & finish thing I’ve noticed was in the dealership when I picked it up and checked the underside door seals which were out of place. I quickly pushed them back up and all good. I haven’t even got the free boot wash after rain, not that we’ve had much.

Back
Top Bottom