The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Could you please publish 3D model of IG for 3D printing?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
I know there will be the manual and some kind of 3D rendering, but could you publish a STL or similar file for a generic Grenedier? Something to fondle, I mean appreciate, until we get our vehicles? Having the doors on pivots would be nice so as to be able to print it with the door open and supports for the interior roof.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
I simply got one of these to ease the wait -

Not sure who on here would have access to that kind of stuff - this is an owner's/enthusiast forum - but who knows, maybe the file exists somewhere?

Last edited:
Vote:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I simply got one of these to ease the wait -

Not sure who on here would have access to that kind of stuff - this is an owner's/enthusiast forum - but who knows, maybe the file exists somewhere?
I saw that, but it aint cheap and the shipping is the real killer, like $70. I can print one for a few dollars. While all the after market equipment people will have scans, I thought this forum was for questions that get mainlined direct to Ineos through secret squirrel and mutant pigeons.

Vote:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
I saw that, but it aint cheap and the shipping is the real killer, like $70. I can print one for a few dollars. While all the after market equipment people will have scans, I thought this forum was for questions that get mainlined direct to Ineos through secret squirrel and mutant pigeons.

This part of the forum was intended to answer questions for the North American rollout only. The turn around here is/was quicker than the formal one from INEOS. But as dealers are soon to be announced then this forum will be rendered redundant quite quickly as questions will be posed directly to them.

For the imagery of the Grenadier. Maybe get someone to do a scan of a model and go from there?

That’s too deep for my pockets, but I know a couple of members that have access to this type of equipment.

Vote:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
It won't be any good for modelling, but the guy from the company that's doing some building work for me uses a laser scanner to make 3D animations of the plans and on the most recent visit the overspill captured the Grenadier:

Screenshot_20230902_204737_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Vote:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
GHOST Grenadier....

I have a cheap scanner, not sure it would do it all in one go- and I know Id have to drive it down a dirt road for awhile to hide the glossy paint..

Vote:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Anyone with a recent iphone can get a 3d scanner app (polycam, scandy) and create a model. I haven't played with it because the apps are expensive and I'm a total novice with 3D software.

Vote:

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
Anyone with a recent iphone can get a 3d scanner app (polycam, scandy) and create a model. I haven't played with it because the apps are expensive and I'm a total novice with 3D software.
3d scanner app for iOS is free and great!

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom