The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cold Feet On Color

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
I was stopped into my local dealership to geek out at some rigs Saturday afternoon while in the area and was greeted by this amazing baby blue / white contrast roof truck on the showroom floor. I have a Magic Mushroom that is to be delivered anytime now, but after seeing that 2 tone beauty in person (frankly the web pics don't do it justice), I am having cold feet my color choice.

Anyone else encounter this after seeing the other color options in person?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
I originally spec’d a Britannia blue w/white contrast roof. Once pricing was released I modified my spec to be all Scottish White. I ended up buying Eldoret Blue w/inky black contrast roof and Rhino grey ladder frame.

I am very happy with what I ended up with feature wise and color wise. The Eldoret Blue does seem to be a head turner and doesn’t show the dirt like a few of the other colors. I will say I haven’t seen all the other colors in person yet but will say that from some of the pics posted I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the color options

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
I was switching back and forth on these colors when I was doing the configuration back then.
I eventually chose MM as I did find the Eldoret blue too light/bright for my liking.

But all those colors look really great!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
I have no idea what you are talking about
1710172351876.png

Just kidding - At first it was going to be Green, because all the things are green. I love green cars. Then I saw the Shale Blue in person, and I was freaking in love. What an amazing color.

Then, for some reason, I started looking @ MM and decided on it - and am I ever glad I did. This thing never looks dirty. It looks great with the black accents.

In the words of Cat, I would go with Betty, but I'd be thinking of Wilma.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKy8CzX4TEU

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
I was stopped into my local dealership to geek out at some rigs Saturday afternoon while in the area and was greeted by this amazing baby blue / white contrast roof truck on the showroom floor. I have a Magic Mushroom that is to be delivered anytime now, but after seeing that 2 tone beauty in person (frankly the web pics don't do it justice), I am having cold feet my color choice.

Anyone else encounter this after seeing the other color options in person?
It's alright for you, I ordered Donny Grey, after seeing the other colours. So you can imagine when I actually saw a Donny Grey for the first time after I'd placed the order.
I'll be honest though it has grown on me and looks great in bright light.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's alright for you, I ordered Donny Grey, after seeing the other colours. So you can imagine when I actually saw a Donny Grey for the first time after I'd placed the order.
I'll be honest though it has grown on me and looks great in bright light.
I just picked up my Donny Grey. It is super dark and beautiful in sunlight. However it really looks black in the shade and dark. I love it. But it is darker than I expected. Not that this is bad.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I originally spec’d a Britannia blue w/white contrast roof. Once pricing was released I modified my spec to be all Scottish White. I ended up buying Eldoret Blue w/inky black contrast roof and Rhino grey ladder frame.

I am very happy with what I ended up with feature wise and color wise. The Eldoret Blue does seem to be a head turner and doesn’t show the dirt like a few of the other colors. I will say I haven’t seen all the other colors in person yet but will say that from some of the pics posted I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the color options
Same here! Eldoret/Inky/Grey!3e785d44-a7ff-4d74-9b33-1b8a67d615bd(1).JPEG

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
MM will not show the dust as much...In OZ with the dark colours you are wise to have diamond or ceramic coat and have plenty of free water on hand...
Just because it doesn't show the dust doesn't mean it doesn't have the same amount of dust.
I definitely agree with you however on the ceramic coating.

Reactions: Max

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Initial plan was Metallic Gun Metal Grey (IG changed to the darker Donny),
then planned on Scottish White (StormTrooper) to match my '89 LR110,
Decisively ordered Shale Blue after seeing them all (except QR) in person and there has been no second-guessing
Now if they will put it on a ship as apparently to miss my Q1 delivery (what's another month)

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Initial plan was Metallic Gun Metal Grey (IG changed to the darker Donny),
then planned on Scottish White (StormTrooper) to match my '89 LR110,
Decisively ordered Shale Blue after seeing them all (except QR) in person and there has been no second-guessing
Now if they will put it on a ship as apparently to miss my Q1 delivery (what's another month)
Hi TRIALMASTER, Welcome to the Shale Blue Club. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom